Just got the 8x!

Brandon Schmedeke

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
So I just got the 8x and I'm loving it the only thing that bothers me that makes me want to go back to the iPhone but not as much is the app store but I love the feeling this phone gives off and how simple it is!

Are there any apps that I should get that will improve my experience or games?

And what kind of case will protect the phone that's sorta cheap?

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the fold.

There are lots of great apps available depending what you want to do.

For organisation try "group tiles" its an app that allows you to make header tiles. These allow you to make groups on your home screen so that for eg, you can put your media apps together, photography apps together etc, all nice and neat.

The best pic editor is fantasia painter. It has an unlimited free version and a paid one to support the dev. It uses a more iphone style language for use, but is very very feature rich. Easy to use, and will do almost any type of photoshop edit.

Games. Try jetpack joyride, monster burner and aces of the Luftwaffe.

Podcaster does what it sounds like it does, and very well at that too.

Wallbase is a great wallpaper finder app and has ultra high quality images.

Wikipedia and imdb are good services. That's a good start, so give them a try and see what you think.

waraukaeru

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Get HERE Maps and HERE Drive for navigation.

Photosynth for panorama

BLINK for burst shots

Search "Microsoft Corporation" and "Microsoft Research" in the app store for some quality first party apps that are free and tend to fly under the radar.

Speaking of radar, check out Weather Radar Tile too

SynthPling! is probably the most feature-rich music creation app I've used. Grantophone is my favorite but it is incompatible with WP8 right now. BitSynth is fun too. Nothing as good as Garage Band, unfortunately.

For games, SNES8X is a must, Words by Post and Chess by Post are nice, Spin Out is fun and simple, Ducks Hunt is exactly what it sounds like. Those are all free. For paid, check out ilomilo, SurvivalCraft (best Minecraft clone IMO), and Zombies!!! (an adaptation of a really good board game that has local pass-the-phone multiplayer)

Hope those help! Some of my favs

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Audiocloud, BEEM, TuneIn Radio, Pandora and Mp3 Finder will cover all your music needs. Listening, saving, you name it.

Netflix & Crackle are great for movies on this gorgeous 720p HD screen, but they come nowhere close to comparing to Flash Videos where you can stream, download & even transfer (to pc) movies or tv. Watched The Hangover 3 last night. 8)

Speaking on file transfers, GetThemAll is a MUST have. You can pull exe's, zip's, music, videos, pretty much whatever, and upload to your PC. AWESOME!!!

For misc/utility apps, Flashlight-X is much better IMO, than HTC's. Speedtest.net is great. Amazing Weather HD. Battery Sense run great with Live Tiles and lock screen support. Don't forget Sticky Notes or Indeed if you need/want a job.

Best camera app/lens, I think, is Pro Shot. Really pumps it up. Blink & Photosynth are great at what they do too.

Games are all you.

Hope this helps. This is all the stuff that has made my 8X the most Pimped Out, Bad A$$, piece of handheld technology I've, or anyone I've shown it to, has ever seen..

Welcome bro. Enjoy!!!!