Hi, Everyone.

I recently bought a Verizon HTC 8X unlocked Windows phone to use in the country of Qatar. I love the design, but I'm very frustrated because not all of my text messages end up being sent. I can usually send one text to a friend, but then when I reply to his response, it doesn't go through. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for this. Some of the text messages I send to friends' phones that are "not smart." Other text messages are sent to "smart phones." Regardless of which mobile phone I send the texts to, some make it, and others never do.

I have uninstalled Skype, set my status to available, and verified that my Vodafone SMS number is correct. I have also updated my phone software to the latest version. Vodafone claims it's something on the users' ends. However, why would some text messages be sent, and others not? I'm seriously going crazy trying to figure this out. I've researched this for a few days now and have tried to find every thread on this topic, but none specifically address the problem of some messages being sent and others not.

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Bryan
    06-18-2013 06:09 AM
    You might check this thread about text problems with the 8X if you haven't already. There's a couple of suggestions in there. http://forums.windowscentral.com/htc...-messages.html
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-18-2013 10:43 AM
    Did you come over from android and import your contacts from a sim card? There were a couple of mentions about country codes having problems after import and having to manually edit them.
    06-18-2013 10:50 AM
    Change the country to your own and turn off international assist from settings
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-18-2013 06:11 PM
    Everyone,

Thanks very much. Your information is extremely helpful, and I'll update this in the next few days if the problem has resolved itself.

I appreciate your kindness.
    06-18-2013 11:34 PM