I saw a very similar thread over in the Nokia Lumia 920 section, but I have a HTC 8x on a different carrier (Verizon). I'm not sure if that would make any difference, so I decided to create a new thread in the appropriate section.

As of recently, I haven't been receiving all the images being sent to me from an iPhone user. I've had this phone for 7 months and never had this issue before nor have I owned any other smart phone prior to this phone. I can receive some images, but I'm not receiving at least half of them anymore. Anyone else have this issue or able to shine any light on what might be causing this problem? Apologies if this topic was already answered or discussed in another thread.
    06-20-2013 09:13 AM
    How are they sending them? MMS, email, links to dropbox?
    06-20-2013 09:25 AM
    how are they sending them? Mms, email, links to dropbox?
    mms
    06-21-2013 02:07 AM
    I have the same problem. MMS is all sorts of messed up with Verizon Windows phones. I don't even get text messages if they are sent to more than one person. I sometimes get the responses, but I never get the initial group text.
    06-21-2013 06:39 AM
    Just came on the forums to see if anyone else had posted about this. This has been happening to me for a while but I've never noticed if it was just from iPhone users or if it's a general MMS issue. My wife who has an iPhone 5 will send me a picture text and every once in a while it won't download. I'll just get a message saying something like "Download media content. 30k" and when I click on the link it will either get stuck and not download, or it will try then stop. It just happened to me which prompted me to finally come on here. Sometimes I think it happens because I have too many picture texts in general so I try and delete pictures texted to me by people after I'm done with them. We're on VZW as well.
    06-21-2013 12:38 PM
    Just came on the forums to see if anyone else had posted about this. This has been happening to me for a while but I've never noticed if it was just from iPhone users or if it's a general MMS issue. My wife who has an iPhone 5 will send me a picture text and every once in a while it won't download. I'll just get a message saying something like "Download media content. 30k" and when I click on the link it will either get stuck and not download, or it will try then stop. It just happened to me which prompted me to finally come on here. Sometimes I think it happens because I have too many picture texts in general so I try and delete pictures texted to me by people after I'm done with them. We're on VZW as well.
    I've had this issue many times myself, but nearly all the times it's only when I was somewhere with poor reception (like out in the country or in a building with upper level computer interference).
    06-22-2013 09:40 PM
    I would like to add that this isn't necessarily a Verizon issue only. I'm running on AT&T with the Lumia 920 and can confirm both issues of not receiving MMS properly (if at all) and group texts coming in sporadically or just the responses. I even tried resetting my phone which helped resolve the issues for a few weeks but they've returned after a while.
    06-22-2013 11:06 PM