This is a strange one. A few weeks ago I posted here saying that every time I opened my camera app and went to switch it from rear-camera to front-facing camera, the app would crash and send me back to the start screen. After a few weeks of being annoyed at this, I decided to backup all my stuff and hard reset my phone. Unfortunately, now I don't even have the option of choosing the FFC because the option isn't there! It's literally disappeared. It's as if my phone's software sees my phone's hardware as not having a FFC.

Can anybody help? I really have had an awful time with this phone. Would struggle to buy from HTC again.
    06-22-2013 04:58 PM
    Hard reset through Settings, yeah? Did you get it new? Sounds like a defect. Did you drop it maybe? If its a defect, should very well be covered by warranty. Not sure where you are, but in the States, there's a standard 12mo warranty period, generally through the carrier. Call them, ask for Tech Support. Explain the crashes, and that a hard reset only made the FFC disappear. I'm, on a limb here, thinking the FFC somehow came disconnected/damaged, the software had no hardware, hence crash, then after reset, the software/option didn't reinstall. Kinda like the hardware driver was lost. Anyways.... Should be eligible for a warranty exchange. They'll send you a new one, you send the old one. May cost a couple bucks. But brand new phone. 8)

Hope this helps
    Daniel Curry likes this.
    06-23-2013 10:16 AM