Well I have had my 8x for 8 months...... Getting sick of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riddlin123

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I hate to say it, because I like the phone itself but I am going to be heading back to the darkside with crapple. I am starting to get all kinds of issues with the 8x and its really getting to the point of annoying. Bluetooth issues, Random reboots, Phone locks up randomly, LTE sucks rarely works this is even after I just swapped out the phone 2 weeks ago with a replacement. Other complaints: The Calender apps and the WP8 Calender app are terrible. I have missed appointments etc. I was loving WP8 and dealt with some issues. Im sorry to say it, but 90% of the apps are garbage. Im not in anyway saying the developers dont do good work, im saying that Microsoft has everything so fudged up and locked down that the apps cant even get to their full potential. Just my two cents. I know others wont agree, but I gave it a good try. Love the hardware, the software has me at my wits end.

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I feel almost the same.
Dissagree only about apps, most of them are really great and made by talented developers who listens to feedback.
I love WP8 aswell but it has fk loads of bugs, the one which ruins my experience alot and almost says me to get an android is "Other folder issue".
It ******* made my phone unusable, i have exactly zero free memory left and aswell i can't check store anymore, nor receive emails or even see who's calling even if i have him/her in adress book.
This is madness. I hope it will be fixed until i decide to buy new phone...

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I feel the same way.

not sure if i'll switch to apple, but their new windows phone ripoff iOS makes it tempting. If you don't mind the screen size, they basically turned it into their version of a windows phone, but with way more developer support.

that new giant sony xperia seems nice too. I mostly use my phone as a tablet anyway (texting, emailing, browsing) so the large size might be a welcomed change. I probably use about 100 minutes a month talking, if even.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm probably the only one who totally disagrees. My 8X has been superb since the Portico update. No slowdowns, crashes or restarts. The marketplace is less of a concern for me, but do wish more functionality and features come.

sravanv

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I think people are underestimating how much Microsoft WANTS people to have a positive experience with their phones. I can understand where you're coming from because I was having the same issues with my HTC 8x when it dropped on release day. I did exchange it for free a couple of months later for a Lumia 810, but at the t-mobile store.

I live near a Microsoft retail store and I was talking to one of the reps and he said that they will pretty much do anything they can to make sure Windows phone users are happy. Same thing with Surface owners. Think about it...it's the two areas where the last thing they need is to lose customers. Try and talk to one of them and see what happens first.

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Its funny because I have an iPhone 4 and am done with it now. Am looking for a change and not even the update impresses me. I have surface but have never owned a windows phone before though so can't really compare. I have a lot of experience with android though and am not that impressed either so maybe no one will be able to please me! Lol. I could be wrong but a lot of people think its greener at apple but the same thing happens, after a year your bored. Only good thing I can say is that the build quality is awesome! Heading for 3 years and its still good.

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I think people are underestimating how much Microsoft WANTS people to have a positive experience with their phones. I can understand where you're coming from because I was having the same issues with my HTC 8x when it dropped on release day. I did exchange it for free a couple of months later for a Lumia 810, but at the t-mobile store.

I live near a Microsoft retail store and I was talking to one of the reps and he said that they will pretty much do anything they can to make sure Windows phone users are happy. Same thing with Surface owners. Think about it...it's the two areas where the last thing they need is to lose customers. Try and talk to one of them and see what happens first.

well hey, if they want to upgrade me to a 925 at an absurd discount, i'm all ears ;)

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Its funny because I have an iPhone 4 and am done with it now. Am looking for a change and not even the update impresses me. I have surface but have never owned a windows phone before though so can't really compare. I have a lot of experience with android though and am not that impressed either so maybe no one will be able to please me! Lol. I could be wrong but a lot of people think its greener at apple but the same thing happens, after a year your bored. Only good thing I can say is that the build quality is awesome! Heading for 3 years and its still good.

i played with the iphone 5 and it seems fine to me.

maybe it's just the htc 8x in particular that is boring. there's absolutely no development going on over at XDA for this device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss