8X Updates

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have both Nokia 920 and HTC 8x and I didn't see so-called updates every other day on my 920. In fact, my 920 dev phone is at least one firmware behind the AT&T version.

Msshuntate

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Monday night when I was able to get around someone with wifi I was able to update my 8x phone. I don't see any differences but I was happy to get a phone update hopefully the next update I will see a difference.

jposthauer

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, but nothing you will notice. How many updates for Nokia and Nokia apps in the last couple of weeks and not crap for HTC.

Just can't stand the brick factor of the Nokia's or I would have that. Nokia phones are way to big - they need to come out with one that is similar in size to the 8X then I would switch. I can't stand the heavy 920 size.

Ivars Neiders

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
What exactly do you miss? If you want the Nokia specific software then you should buy Nokia instead of 8X. As far as I am concerned, I want to get the bugfixes and whatever else Microsoft is going to do to the WP platform in the future. I don't care about the usual bloatware that many comanies find necessary to add to their phones.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I have both Nokia 920 and HTC 8x and I didn't see so-called updates every other day on my 920. In fact, my 920 dev phone is at least one firmware behind the AT&T version.

I think he meant the software and firmware that is updatable via the store, like display + touch or Beats audio. And therefore he has a point because Nokia pushes a lot of updates, unlike HTC.

Rubenidas

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
anyone know if us T-mobile 8x owners will see any updates at all (either form Tmo or HTC directly) since Tmobile has pulled the plug on the 8X??

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I think he meant the software and firmware that is updatable via the store, like display + touch or Beats audio. And therefore he has a point because Nokia pushes a lot of updates, unlike HTC.

Those are not firmware updates. The settings plug-ins are all written by Nokia for Nokia phones. HTC has the similar thing (HTC app) which updates from time to time. But who cares about those, I for one never saw any benefits from million updates pushed out by Nokia for its apps. No one knows exactly what they fix either.

It's firmware update and OS updates that really counts. In this front, HTC is about the same as Nokia.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Those are not firmware updates. The settings plug-ins are all written by Nokia for Nokia phones. HTC has the similar thing (HTC app) which updates from time to time. But who cares about those, I for one never saw any benefits from million updates pushed out by Nokia for its apps. No one knows exactly what they fix either.

It's firmware update and OS updates that really counts. In this front, HTC is about the same as Nokia.

that was not really where I was aiming for in my post (I was explaining what someone else meant), but you are wrong because Nokia has the amber update besides GDR2. What has HTC? Only GDR2. And nokia provide more functionally in their updates as HTC so in this front they aren't the same really.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire