8x keeps launching apps?

meghapants

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
I got my 8x when they first came out in Canada. Didn't have any issues with the phone initially except the Sim card error problem, taped up the sim tray and it has worked fine since. Then about a month ago my phone started to randomly open apps when it was just sitting idle on the start menu. It'll open everything and anything it can for about 30 sec to one minute before it stops again, even with me spamming on the back button. Now it's starting to happen now when I'm in the middle of texting or in the calendar, etc. Starts typing on its own in gibberish and tries to attach pictures, etc. It's gotten to the point where this happens multiple times per day. Has anyone else had this problem? Any known fixes?
Thanks.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey, sounds to me like the digitizer is picking stuff up that it shouldn't be. I've had the occasional glitch-tap, but nothing major like this. You may need to take it for repair.

winB

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Did you ever find a solution? Mine started doing the same thing today. It is also happening during phone calls, usually ending the call.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb