10-01-2013 06:02 AM
163 ... 23456 ...
tools
    I got the GDR2 update for my international unbranded 8X in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia this morning & I'm still discovering things here & there , here's what I found so far :

- FM Radio , haven't tried it yet (Music>>Radio) .
    - What Camera App to launch (Photos>>Settings).
    - Control the Keyboard tone (Settings>>Ringtones+Sounds).
    - Skype Contacts now appear in People with the rest of the contacts & you can filter it as well.
    -Others storage went down . (went from 2GB to 1.5GB)

I'll keep you posted with what I can find .

A couple of quick heads ups :
    - Its a Big Update , 1.3GB so be careful everyone .
    - it will fill to 100% & start again, also It will stay on 100% (on the update bar) for like 10 minutes ... Perfectly normal.

Also , HTC updated most of their apps yesterday

Why so big? What tthe hell is all in this thing
    07-20-2013 06:19 AM
    Also , HTC updated most of their apps yesterday
    I haven't seen a single update for any HTC app yet. Hope to see them soon because the "clean temporary files" function on the Make More Space app doesn't work!
    07-20-2013 07:45 AM
    I haven't seen a single update for any HTC app yet. Hope to see them soon because the "clean temporary files" function on the Make More Space app doesn't work!
    I didn't have any apps updated either and don't find any with a recent update date in the HTC app list.
    07-20-2013 08:18 AM
    I'm still waiting for the update looks to only be out for unlocked handsets, properly won't get it :(
    07-20-2013 04:34 PM
    They will be pushing it to all users; probably the phone company processes add extra time to the roll-out.
    07-20-2013 07:06 PM
    They will be pushing it to all users; probably the phone company processes add extra time to the roll-out.
    yeah is a pain have contacted three about it still waiting for an answer that was over a week ago
    07-21-2013 04:42 AM
    Did battery life seem to improve? And also does the OS feel faster , like the resuming pause it takes , is it reduced ?
    07-21-2013 05:54 AM
    When I play music, each song at the end is garbled. Nothing to do with network problems, because it is always for each song. Regardless of the day.
    07-21-2013 05:56 AM
    Today I copied some mp3 files to my phone and every file appears twice in the music player now. Every second shows an error message when I try to open it. Multiple rounds of deleting and restarting didn't help.

Never had such a problem before the update.
    07-21-2013 07:22 AM
    It is said that all US carriers will have their 8X's updated tomorrow, July 22.
    07-21-2013 09:36 AM
    Today I copied some mp3 files to my phone and every file appears twice in the music player now. Every second shows an error message when I try to open it. Multiple rounds of deleting and restarting didn't help.

Never had such a problem before the update.
    didn't this had something to do with XBOX cloud sync? Check your settings... I've read this somewhere before - it was active by default, I had to disable it myself.
    07-21-2013 10:40 AM
    didn't this had something to do with XBOX cloud sync? Check your settings... I've read this somewhere before - it was active by default, I had to disable it myself.
    Well, the option was on. Turning it off and rebooting didn't help so far, but maybe I have to copy it again.

Still, wouldn't that mean I have a new/not fixed bug on my phone I have never encountered before since the update?

X-box music certainly doesn't "know" these files as they are a program from our national radio station.
    07-21-2013 10:49 AM
    HTC 8Xs locking up after GDR2 update? Numerous reports say yes | Windows Phone Central

For some of us the phone went dead in 1 or 2 days after the GDR2 update ...
    did someone here faced the same problem as described in the article , also noticed many users getting their handsets stuck / freeze / bricked while playing music and for me while watching movie .
    somewhere the bug is connected to audio or video department , maybe after adding a radio feature or as u guys noticed with beats audio ....
    Dadstar0410 likes this.
    07-21-2013 06:32 PM
    I hear HTC is coming out with a fix for this lockup problem, it's called the "Windows Phone 8X II by HTC"
    07-21-2013 09:44 PM
    This thing sucks.
    07-21-2013 09:48 PM
    Glad I have not yet received the update :)
    07-22-2013 02:03 AM
    I wonder if thats what really triggers it? I've been listning to music for a solid 12+ hours with beats audio enabled, used radio for an hour and watched some video's on mytube.

I have the 16 GB version on 3G in the Netherlands. Perhaps its related to specific models? Like the first batch? People should somehow try to figure out. Just like the "peelers", which was a bad batch of some sort, this is probably just like it.
    07-22-2013 02:20 AM
    when do i get amber and gdr2 for lumia 820 in india ? any one knows ? plz let me know ? when do we get update in india !!!
    07-22-2013 03:01 AM
    Its said Nokia will release their Amber update in the month of August. No exact dates yet for India.. !!
    07-22-2013 03:28 AM
    When I listen to Audiobooks the volume is changing every few seconds. When the speaker pauses a second the volume increases after the pause till the next pause is coming. It is confusing. Maybe a matter of noise cancelation.
    07-22-2013 04:48 AM
    Guys?
    I dint dont receive any update yet :(
    Using htc 8x by t-mobile.
    Im on san diego. Any? I wanna have problem like you crashing phones :D please rply :(
    07-22-2013 02:31 PM
    Tmobile here as well and nothing yet... little scared to try now..lol
    07-22-2013 03:43 PM
    Am I seriously the only one who has recieved this update and gotten a phone that works a lot worse than it did before? :(

1) The smoothness has went down dramatically. It lags when "opening" big or small programs (such as Persons), the slide effect halts every once in a while - also when returning to the home screen.

2) There is a delay when pushing the "on/off" button. It doesn't react instantly anymore as it used to.

3) When using Spotify it halts/pauses several times during every single song. Less than a second, but it doesn't matter if it's saved as an offline playlist. Sadly, because of the breaks, it adds the "fade-in" after each break, which makes Spotify a (bigger than before - the app is not very good) pain in the *** to use. The music played through the music player still works ok - but it I do wish I could get rid of that fade-in...

Anyone else experinced any of this?
    07-22-2013 05:07 PM
    Tmobile here as well and nothing yet... little scared to try now..lol
    Do you have the gdr2 update now?
    I still dont have it. :(( its says ur phone is uptodate.:\
    ---and any people? That already have the gdr2 update from t-mobile? Htc 8X
    HyperChrisX likes this.
    07-22-2013 08:35 PM
    No update for me yet. I just checked.
    07-22-2013 11:16 PM
163 ... 23456 ...