GDR2 Update for 8X

jkelek

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
do you use the xbox music service? if so I'm wondering if the 1 second blank skip still exists, it's always near the end of every track but while the track is still playing. does this over Bluetooth and when headphones are plugged in or music coming out of device speaker. 8x on Verizon.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
It got a little bit better. My phone on GDR2 cleared some space on its own, from 1,7GB free space to 2,5GB free space. But other is still 5,2GB in size on my device. But after the update, the "make more space" app from HTC got a "clear temporary files" option. But it didn't worked and I wanted to reinstall the app, but the marketplace is having troubles now...

rocking23nf

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
so is this a real radio? or internet radio? my samsung phones have had a radio antenna built in, while my old iphone did not.

And no update here for me in in Canada - Bell. Havent had an update in probably 4-5 months.

erenahmetoglu

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
It got a little bit better. My phone on GDR2 cleared some space on its own, from 1,7GB free space to 2,5GB free space. But other is still 5,2GB in size on my device. But after the update, the "make more space" app from HTC got a "clear temporary files" option. But it didn't worked and I wanted to reinstall the app, but the marketplace is having troubles now...

I was trying to install Nokia exclusive apps, i made some changes on phone after this update. Maybe it causes to that (install root certificate for Fiddler2...).

edit: problem solved itself and I installed Here Drive+ and other Nokia exclusive apps :)

Last edited:

Fuzzeke

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Just got the update aswell, i'm on Vodafone located in The Netherlands..
Love the fact I got the update but... extra features, where ? :)

erenahmetoglu

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Another changes;

-Other Storage fix: Clean temporary file
-Camera Shutter Button: Assign 3rd party camera apps. (Not available app yet, Camera360 is available soon maybe ProShot and others too.)

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Got both my 8X and 8S updated... Guess what, my Ativ S is stil waiting for its update... My HTC One received Android 4.2.2 on Monday... HTC is really delivering updates nicely this month for unlocked devices.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Another changes;

-Other Storage fix: Clean temporary file
-Camera Shutter Button: Assign 3rd party camera apps. (Not available app yet, Camera360 is available soon maybe ProShot and others too.)

There's no "other" storage fix as far as I can see. HTC has updated their "Free Some Space" app, which now has the option to free some temporary files.

prettyconfusd

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
O2 UK Unbranded, got the update and installed successfully, yay!

Thoughts and Issues and other things Noticed:
  • Option in the Settings > Camera and Photos to change default camera app is very cool, though unsure what app I'd use as none are showing up right now. Any suggestions for good alternatives?
  • Got FM Radio, have no use for it but it's there...
  • Installed the 'Make More Space' app following the update but for some reason it only shows my temporary files as 40MB when the 'other' folder in the main settings page is showing over 3GB...
  • No Data Sense, this is the only part of the update that I was interested in and it's not there. Absolute crap...

Overall, it's shocking the amount of work not put into this release, it's been six months since the last update and this is all there is to show for it?

I get that they want to save all the big changes till 8.1 because clearly there are big Windows RT shaped changes coming to WP over the next couple of years but that's no reason not to add more stuff in to the current version and make life better for the current users...

Hopefully GDR3 will actually bring something useful rather than just enable niche features and new devices most people will be unable to buy due to being in an existing contract or due to exclusive agreements...

But yay for HTC shipping this out so quickly! While it's a shame they don't support the ecosystem as well as they could do, they're always timely with the official updates and it's much appreciated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12