Can a Windows Phone be hooked to any external display?

djjd47130

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I have a small adapter for iPhone and iPad (old style) which can display the device's image onto an external display via HDMI. Is there anything like this for Windows Phone, so I could, for example, hook up my mini-projector and watch Netflix through my phone?

djjd47130

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Notable, but not solving the problem. Without looking into it, I would immediately assume this requires another computer which displays the photos to the screen. Like I said, I want to watch Netflix from my mini projector, which would require an HDMI adapter.

Tempest790

Oct 3, 2004
Visit site
If you have a Nokia, you can stream wirelessly via DLNA. I tried it with my new Vizio TV and it works great. Download the Nokia Play To app.

ultralight23

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering this also but with lack of search results, most of results were for surface questions, and lack of responses i'm guessing you cannot connect a windows phone 8 to an external display. Am I correct about this?...I've "binged" also with lack of usable results. Thanks in advance for any help.

djjd47130

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I also have a Surface Pro, where the same mini-projector can hook to it through USB. By the way, I now have a Nokia Lumia 1520, so I may try the solution by from Tempest790.

Anglerdk

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Quadcore wp8.1 supports Miracast which is a wireless solution (uses wifi)

Tried the 630 with my ipazzport (cheap china model) with no luck, it could find it, but nothing happens :( ... This adapter work fine with my galaxy s3 though.

Sent from my RM-892_eu_sweden_243 using Tapatalk

QuentinJ

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm wondering this also but with lack of search results, most of results were for surface questions, and lack of responses i'm guessing you cannot connect a windows phone 8 to an external display. Am I correct about this?...I've "binged" also with lack of usable results. Thanks in advance for any help.

i have a HTC 8X with WP8.1 DP and in settings there is an option for project my screen - as far as I remember when I read about it a few weeks ago, wireless display is for some Nokia models with Cyan update; on the 8X and other models you can plug in a HDMI cable in the phone to project the screen (MHL cable I think it's called) but I haven't tested it myself yet

DNHill

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
The 8X doesn't have the hardware to support MHL unfortunately. The port is just a plain micro-USB, not an MHL port so the cable won't work.

QuentinJ

May 25, 2014
Visit site
You are right, I tried it didn't but the option is nevertheless present... but I don't know what, if anything, could work

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Quadcore wp8.1 supports Miracast which is a wireless solution (uses wifi)

Tried the 630 with my ipazzport (cheap china model) with no luck, it could find it, but nothing happens :( ... This adapter work fine with my galaxy s3 though.

Sent from my RM-892_eu_sweden_243 using Tapatalk

I also didn't have any luck connecting my phone(950xl) to ipazzport, though it worked with play to app on my lumia 920 to display pictures only. I just recently tried a new different firmware on it and now continuum and screen mirroring works from my lumia 950xl.

You need windows 8.1 or below to do this as the drivers are not compatible with windows 10.

Go to:
MOCREO? Airplay Miracast HDMI TV Dongle Sharing Multi-Screen Interactive Multimedia Player for Android 4.2 & Apple iOS; iPhone 5, 4S, 4; HTC One; Moto X; Google Nexus 7, 10; Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, Note2, Tab3; LG F180L; Sony Xperia; Huawei Ascend P6;

Download the files. Install usb drivers. Run RKBatchtool.exe. there is an instructions pdf file that you should follow for the RKBatchtool.

Download the latest firmware from this website:
CR-M200S - Cloudnetgo?Dongguan sonicway electric Co Ltd

and use with the rkbatchtool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa