The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
12-01-2015 01:55 PM
301 ... 45678 ...
tools
    My phone is in service... i am still waiting for god news. will let you know.
    07-26-2013 03:56 AM
    Support ticket... Good luck with that. Tried twice last week and never got a response. Unless you own a HTC One, they don't wanna know you.
    Doesn't sound too promising. Had mine shut down last week whilst playing some music, but managed to get it to switch back on after holding the power button in for 30 seconds or so.

Been holding off playing any music since (which is making the xbox music pass redundant), in the hopes that a fix will be released soon. But it sounds like they aren't bothered.

Does anyone know if they have acknowledged there is a fault and they are looking into it?
    07-26-2013 08:35 AM
    no acceptance yet from HTC ....
    07-26-2013 09:44 AM
    no acceptance yet from HTC ....
    they ll accept sooner or later...
    07-26-2013 10:15 AM
    Hi,

My 8X died yesterday when streaming with spotify. Tried all key pressing things during the day, plugged in multiple chargers no lights, no vibrate, nothing, dead.

Left it connected to computer for the night and a day with the charger cable as suggested here. Today when I came back from the work there was green light, its alive, hooray!

I sure hope theyll fix this. Along with the audio volume weaving, crackling and other possible features this update gave us
    07-26-2013 10:59 AM
    Hi,

My 8X died yesterday when streaming with spotify. Tried all key pressing things during the day, plugged in multiple chargers no lights, no vibrate, nothing, dead.

Left it connected to computer for the night and a day with the charger cable as suggested here. Today when I came back from the work there was green light, its alive, hooray!

I sure hope theyll fix this. Along with the audio volume weaving, crackling and other possible features this update gave us
    Same problem happened to me. Never use my 8x for music but decided to use it for a jog and during the first song everything went black.

HTC Helpdesk isn't any help either.

@Karlizzz, can you tell us what your better life was before your phone turned off and how long you waited before connecting it? Also did you connect it to your wall charger or to your computer?

ATM I'm trying to let the battery run dry but it was at 90% when it went black.
    07-26-2013 12:02 PM
    Same problem happened to me. Never use my 8x for music but decided to use it for a jog and during the first song everything went black.

HTC Helpdesk isn't any help either.

@Karlizzz, can you tell us what your better life was before your phone turned off and how long you waited before connecting it? Also did you connect it to your wall charger or to your computer?

ATM I'm trying to let the battery run dry but it was at 90% when it went black.
    I dont know for sure but I think around 30-50% battery left when it died(around 6AM). I first had it in car charger for couple of hours during the day(Im quite sure it wont charge the battery even if connected to any charger) and in the evening maybe around 9PM I connected it to computer. 6 hours later it was still totally dead. 15 hours later I came home and it was alive and fully charged.

Id say just leave it plugged in the charger and it will come back to life eventually(battery depletes, reboots, charging starts to work again), but thats just my theory
    07-26-2013 02:14 PM
    I dont know for sure but I think around 30-50% battery left when it died(around 6AM). I first had it in car charger for couple of hours during the day(Im quite sure it wont charge the battery even if connected to any charger) and in the evening maybe around 9PM I connected it to computer. 6 hours later it was still totally dead. 15 hours later I came home and it was alive and fully charged.

Id say just leave it plugged in the charger and it will come back to life eventually(battery depletes, reboots, charging starts to work again), but thats just my theory
    Cool, thanks for the info. All the messages here have given me hope that mine will spring back to life eventually :-)

Kind of disappointment HTC hasn't given out a warning yet, warning people of the possible problem. I'll report back when/if mine comes back to life.

Fingers crossed.
    07-26-2013 04:00 PM
    Kind of disappointment HTC hasn't given out a warning yet, warning people of the possible problem.
    It's not a dissapointment, it's deplorable that they haven't even publicly acknowledged it. They didn't "accept" two of my support tickets, and they've totally ignored me on Twitter. Shocking form, will likely never buy a HTC product again.

Had this been their precious HTC One, updates would have been instantaneous. If Nokia had landed themselves in this situation, they would have been all over the airwaves apologising and promising imminent fixes. And they would have followed through with it.

Can't wait till I can toss this piece of **** and buy a Lumia. Sick of HTC and their hump and dump policies.
    07-26-2013 07:04 PM
    It's not a dissapointment, it's deplorable that they haven't even publicly acknowledged it. They didn't "accept" two of my support tickets, and they've totally ignored me on Twitter. Shocking form, will likely never buy a HTC product again.

Had this been their precious HTC One, updates would have been instantaneous. If Nokia had landed themselves in this situation, they would have been all over the airwaves apologising and promising imminent fixes. And they would have followed through with it.

Can't wait till I can toss this piece of **** and buy a Lumia. Sick of HTC and their hump and dump policies.
    I agree but this seems to be becoming the standard practice for more and more companies (e.g. Apple). Deny,deny,deny until you're backed into a corner.
    You are right that some companies handle these problems better than others.

I think we need to get this story on as many big tech websites as possible. Only then I fear will HTC acknowledges this problem.
    Secretly I'm hoping that although they are publicly denying the problem exists they are working on a solution that they will roll out soon.

And even though they will not acknowledge the cause they cannot deny that there is problem seeing that they are fixing the phones under warranty.
    MilkyTee likes this.
    07-26-2013 08:23 PM
    @
    MilkyTee Hey, my phone ist off since monday what iam doing wrong, i think when it went off, it was in airplane mode. Now what shall i do let should i connect it to pc or not?

Is there a possible way to pull out the battery?
    07-27-2013 04:05 AM
    second HTC 8X completely has no power fully charged and just shut down and cannot and will not re boot this one is a day old

what is the cause of this
    07-27-2013 04:37 AM
    @
    MilkyTee Hey, my phone ist off since monday what iam doing wrong, i think when it went off, it was in airplane mode. Now what shall i do let should i connect it to pc or not?

Is there a possible way to pull out the battery?
    You can't pull the battery, the phone only comes into two parts and you risk permanently frying the thing if you were to open it up without the neccessary knowledge.

Just follow my instructions above; depending on how much battery you think the phone had when it died, leave it alone and go about your life until you think it's running low, then plug it into a PC. It should reboot after that. But it'll probably die again. Mine did, so now I have to wait until at least Sunday to plug it in and hopefully get it working again.
    07-27-2013 05:23 AM
    second HTC 8X completely has no power fully charged and just shut down and cannot and will not re boot this one is a day old

what is the cause of this
    What do you mean second? Was this phone already repaired by HTC? Is it a refurb model, or a new replacement?

Also, did you download the GDR2 update on this phone? If yes, what exactly were you doing on the phone as and when it died? e.g. were you listening to music or on Whatsapp or was it just sitting idle?
    07-27-2013 05:25 AM
    Hi!

I have heard many times that removing sim card in switched on condition forces HTC 8X to reboot. I was just pondering if its working for someone whose battery is not yet drained.

Thanks.
    SST
    07-27-2013 05:45 AM
    @ Its a good idea but it didnt helped, @MilkyTee
    Do i have to plug it to pc when the red LED is off? How can i know when battery is running low?
    07-27-2013 05:53 AM
    recieved update today for htc's app flashlght , photo enhancer , beats audio ...
    so this beats audio update is regarding phones going bricked in audio mode ?????
    MilkyTee likes this.
    07-27-2013 05:58 AM
    Hi!

I have heard many times that removing sim card in switched on condition forces HTC 8X to reboot. I was just pondering if its working for someone whose battery is not yet drained.

Thanks.
    SST
    Hi, thanks, I'll try that.

@ Its a good idea but it didnt helped, @MilkyTee
    Do i have to plug it to pc when the red LED is off? How can i know when battery is running low?
    You'll have to just guess when it's running low on power. For example the first time my phone turned off, it was @ about 90% battery. It subsuquently took circa 72 hours to drain. 70 or so hours after it had died, I plugged it into my laptop, and yes the red LED was off the entire time, until it started charging again.

recieved update today for htc's app flashlght , photo enhancer , beats audio ...
    so this beats audio update is regarding phones going bricked in audio mode ?????
    Keep us in the loop there Shaikh, I suspect Beats has something to do with the problem, though it's unlikely HTC rolled out an update this quick.
    07-27-2013 06:22 AM
    I would be terrified to be the one to try this out. I'm guessing then only way to be sure would to run the update and play some (Xbox) music, right?

If you do try I would keep your battery below 20%.

It would be great if HTC had been listening and fixed the problem so fast. But if it is a beats audio problem wouldn't turning off the beats audio options in the settings solve the problem?
    07-27-2013 07:07 AM
    @MilkyTee
    TXH! Then i will wait till the red LED goes off.
    07-27-2013 08:44 AM
    I also had my unlocked HTC 8X updated to GDR2 about 4 days ago. It was all fine and going smoothly, until last night 9 PM (manila time, 1PM GMT) my phone just died out of the prominent reasons of playing music. My phone is in battery saver mode already, about ~15% battery when it died. I immediately did what other people are saying in this thread: connect to PC and wait for the phone to "drain" and "recharge" again.

My phone is just connected to my PC for like ~14 hours. Then, miraculously, just an hour ago, my phone got its very first sign of life, the HTC boot screen showed up, and my phone started charging.

I guess the issue is that the phone is not totally bricked, there should be some kind of bug that makes the phone that unresponsive that even trying to do combinations of power keys + volume buttons won't just work. I tried them all, to no avail. The pics of my phone springing back to life are here, just taken less than hour ago when it first got revitalized..

Just my advice: Be patient, and don't try to just re-flash your phone YET, you'll regret if you will know that some had fixed their phones without re-flash and losing data. I think HTC or Microsoft will soon release update or fix for this.

1074649_647917851886236_1469109351_o.jpg
    1074849_647922161885805_719132192_o.jpg
    1072081_647922068552481_1640196617_o.jpg
    07-28-2013 12:40 AM
    I hope a fix will come soon, otherwise I'll cancel my Xbox Music subscription... Thanks for sharing your stories guys!
    07-28-2013 01:19 AM
    @Patrick Jason Lim
    Hi, when it died, was the red LED on? Because since Monday my phone is off and the red LED is on, now I will connect it to PC.
    07-28-2013 05:17 AM
    I also had my unlocked HTC 8X updated to GDR2 about 4 days ago. It was all fine and going smoothly, until last night 9 PM (manila time, 1PM GMT) my phone just died out of the prominent reasons of playing music. My phone is in battery saver mode already, about ~15% battery when it died. I immediately did what other people are saying in this thread: connect to PC and wait for the phone to "drain" and "recharge" again.
    I have a couple of questions:

1. Were you playing music that came from Xbox Music? Or the ones you put in the phone yourself?
    2. Do you have WhatsApp installed? Were you using it when it died?
    3. Do you have apps that are allowed to run in the background? If yes, what app(s) are those?
    4. EDIT: Also, what's your OS version?

I had the GDR2 update too, but so far I haven't had any issues with it, thank goodness. My OS version is 8.0.10327.77
    Last edited by listeningtree; 07-28-2013 at 07:44 PM.
    07-28-2013 07:25 PM
    My phone came back to life, works normal. Just leave the phone for few days for battery to get drained and then plug into the socket as normal
    07-28-2013 11:10 PM
301 ... 45678 ...