12-01-2015 01:55 PM
301 ... 678910 ...
tools
    At least there is some sort of fix!

Pity the problem is Xbox Music. Most people who own the device will most likely have music on it!
    MilkyTee likes this.
    07-29-2013 04:42 PM
    At least there is some sort of fix!

Pity the problem is Xbox Music. Most people who own the device will most likely have music on it!
    Wouldn't even call it a fix seeing that you loose your phone for a few days/week and all you can do is wait and pray/hope. I think a better definition would be luck.

Big shout out to HTC and Microsoft for being so helpful and informative about the problem.
    07-29-2013 08:25 PM
    Maybe, since most cases regarding this issue is involved with the "music" playing things, I may suggest that you try to avoid playing music by now, and I guess until MS or HTC releases an update/fix for this issue.
    Wow that's weird. Same version and yet you experienced the problem while I haven't. I've been playing music on my phone since I updated to GDR2.

The only difference I can see is that I have only one app allowed to run in the background; a simple battery app.
    07-29-2013 08:34 PM
    Hey guys , mine too handset bricked for 4/5 days and recovered back last Thursday . After recovering the phone i made a full reset of my phone after backing up my pics and documents , and since then no issues with basic operations . Also using whatsapp with ease no issues but is still lags a bit , not as smooth as before .
    Also haven't heard music or watched video since then . So better use it as a phone for basic purpose unless there is a fix from HTC .
    Same here, although mine only recovered this morning. Haven't had much lag problems though. I've been using whatsapp, camera and IE since it fully recharged.
    I've to chicken to try to play music or watch video. Has anyone played video's though Youtube yet?
    07-29-2013 08:35 PM
    Why don't you guys try disabling/blocking apps that run in the background. See how that turns out.
    07-29-2013 09:03 PM
    Why don't you guys try disabling/blocking apps that run in the background. See how that turns out.
    I have two running in the background. Battery app and whatsapp. But under advanced their are many which I am unsure if they are running or not because they are all grayed out.
    07-29-2013 10:08 PM
    @steven fritts

My phone has turned off and on again THREE times since the 19th of this month.
    At an average, how long were the interval (in days or hours) when your phone got turned on again and then turned off?

Mine is working okay until now two days since my phone revitalized..since then I have not played any music on my phone.
    07-30-2013 12:36 AM
    Hi all, need some advise please.
    Is there any advantage in the gdr2 update for the unlocked 8x, besides possibly getting a bricked phone? I mean it seems that there is no Datasense, the "other's" problem is not really fixed, some report laggy phones and audio problems,. What are the positives of GRD2 if any on the 8x? Better internet explorer? Better battery? Thanks.
    07-30-2013 01:09 AM
    Guys, having this Issue Since last Week, Now am Using my Phone , but haven't dare to open Music... Rest all seems to working fine except battery getting drained very quickly ...

So moral thing is Whats the Solution , Continuously in touch with HTC customer care executive, but there's no satisfactory solution from there, all they suggest is Factory reset, There's no way out to reach to Microsoft directly and ask for a solution ...

It Seems, None of them Really cares, Therese no official announcement also from any of them about the Bug, or at least an apology letter stating we are trying to Fix ... Very Disappointing yaar, we are on our own with are Frozen 8x's... theres no way out at all !!! :(
    07-30-2013 01:10 AM
    Mine did this on Friday while listening to music. Took it into Phones4u and I've had to sent it off to HTC yesterday. Glad to see its not just me having these issues.
    Very annoying and from what i've read hope it isnt to do with music/ streaming as what is the point of having a top phone if it can be used to its full potential??
    Just hoping I wont have to wait too long for it to be returned as I'm using my mums old nokia as a stand in!
    07-30-2013 02:32 AM
    At an average, how long were the interval (in days or hours) when your phone got turned on again and then turned off?

Mine is working okay until now two days since my phone revitalized..since then I have not played any music on my phone.
    Depended on how often and for how long I played music. First time it came back to life, I didn't play much music for a couple of days, and when I did, it died. Same can be said for each other time.
    07-30-2013 03:07 AM
    OK I left my phone alone for several days, checking the power button. Last night I pressed it and it vibrated. Charged it andwhen I pressed the power button it immediately went to the main tile page. Everything seemed fine...until I played some music, when it crashed again. However, this time the backlight is still on and the phone is warm. I think that after GDR2 is installed, it should go through a power-up cycle, so I'm going to turn it off next time...
    07-30-2013 09:02 AM
    I have two running in the background. Battery app and whatsapp. But under advanced their are many which I am unsure if they are running or not because they are all grayed out.
    Disable WhatsApp then. I think it's the Music app + a notification from a background process that kills it.
    07-30-2013 07:06 PM
    Hi all, need some advise please.
    Is there any advantage in the gdr2 update for the unlocked 8x, besides possibly getting a bricked phone? I mean it seems that there is no Datasense, the "other's" problem is not really fixed, some report laggy phones and audio problems,. What are the positives of GRD2 if any on the 8x? Better internet explorer? Better battery? Thanks.
    Well, there's the Radio feature. My phone has never lagged, no problems with audio too. Data Sense is carrier dependent. I think there's a release note somewhere...
    wb3052 likes this.
    07-30-2013 07:08 PM
    My phone died on Tuesday at 10am. I was listening music too. I bought the phone on 19th of July and installed the GDR2 update the same day. There weren't any obvious problems with it. But on Tuesday while listening the MP3's that i installed (not streaming) it suddenly turned off and never come back to life again. I tried all button combinations, also connected to pc and ac adapter numerous times. No sign of life. Yesterday I tried to flash the phone. downloaded all necessary files but no luck again. In Vietnamise forums it is said to press volume + and - buttons at the same time. But I didn't get any feedback, vibration, led light etc. So I couldn't enter bootloader and flash the phone. It has been nearly 50 hours since it turned off as I read some post I need to wait more until the battery dries because it was nearly 95% charged.

Instead of Whatsapp I think Battery App can be one of the reasons. Before it died, sometimes when i connect to phone to adapter the Battery app doesnt show that phone is connected to charger. But when I restarted the phone it was always nearly fully charged. I don't know is it because of the Battery app or GDR2 update itself but it happened to me more then 7 -8 times in 10 days.
    08-01-2013 04:46 AM
    Mine is still @ HTC being fixed...apparantly could be early next week till i get it back...will be at least 1 week without it...not impressed
    08-01-2013 08:12 AM
    Same thing happened to me after GDR2.
    keep the phone away untill the battery has died down. Should happen in a day or two.
    Once you think the battery has died down, connect it to your PC, it should power ON and take some time to reach the lock screen.
    It may also work if you connect it straight to POWER once battery is dead. BUt connecting to PC worked for me.
    Good luck.
    08-01-2013 08:21 AM
    Same problem here, happened when playing music. Been off for a day now, hoping it'll boot up soon. HTC still not acknowledging this issue
    08-01-2013 10:40 AM
    Has there been any news from HTC that they realize there is a problem and they are working on it?
    08-01-2013 01:43 PM
    Has there been any news from HTC that they realize there is a problem and they are working on it?
    Nope, and I doubt there will be one. Their Windows Phone line are the red headed step-children to them.
    08-01-2013 04:20 PM
    Yes HTC realized the Problem and took the Updates fr Server:

Hallo,
    Wir sind uns der Problematik, die bei den GDR2-Updates fr das Windows
    Phone 8X by HTC auftreten kann, bewusst. Als Konsequenz daraus wurden alle FOTA
    (Firmware Over The Air) GDR2-Updates fr dieses Gert bis auf Weiteres
    verschoben. HTC arbeitet mit Hochdruck und in enger Abstimmung mit Microsoft an
    einer Lsung, um unseren Kunden das gewohnte und bestmgliche Nutzererlebnis zu
    bieten. Die Wiederaufnahme der Updates via FOTA erfolgt unmittelbar nach der
    Behebung des Problems. Wir mchten unseren Kunden an dieser Stelle versichern,
    dass das restliche Windows Phone 8 Produktportfolio von HTC nicht von dieser
    Problematik betroffen ist.
    Alle Nutzer die Probleme beim GDR2-Update Ihres
    Windows Phone 8X hatten, haben die Mglichkeit, sich an ihren zustndigen
    HTC-Kundenservice zu wenden, um eine System-Wiederherstellung durchzufhren. +
    49-692-222-7334(Deutschland), + 43-192-873-67(sterreich), +
    41-44-580-6245(Schweiz)
    08-02-2013 02:45 AM
    finallly , they accepted ..
    relieved ...
    08-02-2013 03:27 AM
    I eat my words! Great news.
    Now if my phone would actually just turn on again so I can accept the fix...

Also, qsr, where did you get this? Was this emailed to you? And was there an ETA on this fix?
    08-02-2013 04:10 AM
    Nice 1st step. Even if my phone works great... I'd like to use my Xbox Music subscription!
    08-02-2013 04:09 PM
    Phone is turn on. 48 hours after brick.
    (sorry, my english is bad)
    08-03-2013 05:57 AM
301 ... 678910 ...