HTC 8X appears to have just died; won't turn on again...

steven fritts

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
c'mon MilkeeTee , be our beta tester .

LOL, yes please walk into that dark cave to see where the growling is coming from 😜

I'm going to test tonight or tomorrow as soon as my battery hits 30/20%. I'll leave my music on longer and keep you all updated.

*update* I'm at 60% a.t.m. and I'm guessing I'll be at 40-50% by the morning, if I don't charge tonight. I'll be able to test tomorrow morning/afternoon. I'll update with results a.s.a.p. (my time zone is GMT+1)

Last edited:

MilkyTee

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Well, after some relatively extensive beta testing, thanks to the ever wise advice of Shaikh, it looks like everything's cool 😋

Music has been playing on and off for two hours, and not a hitch, lock up or bricking in sight. Seems the firmware update patched whatever bug that was.

I can stop tiptoeing around my phone now and use it like an actual smartphone again!

Still puzzled as to why HTC didn't accompany the update with some sort of patchnote/press release/blog post. Perhaps they still want to keep the debacle under wraps I suppose.

Don't care anymore though, the update fixed the update! Rejoice!

steven fritts

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Well, after some relatively extensive beta testing, thanks to the ever wise advice of Shaikh, it looks like everything's cool 

Music has been playing on and off for two hours, and not a hitch, lock up or bricking in sight. Seems the firmware update patched whatever bug that was.

I can stop tiptoeing around my phone now and use it like an actual smartphone again!

Still puzzled as to why HTC didn't accompany the update with some sort of patchnote/press release/blog post. Perhaps they still want to keep the debacle under wraps I suppose.

Don't care anymore though, the update fixed the update! Rejoice!

Great to hear! Thanks for testing :)

Last edited:

steven fritts

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I have mine turned off. Maybe that's why my phone doesn't brick even though I play music and receive notifications on it.

Could be but I wont be able to test your theory seeing that I've already installed the update that fixes the problem. And it's hard to test seeing that it bricks your phone for awhile if the theory is wrong.

Hopefully HTC will give some sort of information about the last fix or problem. But I'm guessing the most it will say is "fixed minor problems".

steven fritts

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Well that sucks hopefully it will be out soon. I always thought India was ahead of the curve when it came to bringing out updates.
+ I'd think HTC and Microsoft would want to smother this problem a.s.a.p..

If we try to see the positive side of this you can imagine us as your personal beta testers. If this update has any bugs we'll hopefully find it before you receive the update ��

Hang in there!

chr98is

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
the results definitely seems positive . no brick phones reported ....

I hope battery life is more stable to, I got surprised by a flat phone a few times on the 1st GDR2!
Used 50% in a day which is normal for me, see what happens tomorrow.

Hope ur update comes soon, being able to use my phone without worry of bricks is nice!

Harsh Thakar

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Guyz Did this Update Came to India As well, Coz am facing the same problem & now its more then a Month, Going in phone update everyday but still it doesnt sawing anything like that ... i Tried an alternate solution as Downloading third party Music app Like Listen & Music+ but still its getting Freeze :(

Please let me know if you guys come up with any solution because i talked with Htc Service center & Microsofts official community but they dont have any answer or Solution , They Dont really Care Now !!!!

ricocchet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
The latest update installed here.

No Brick, but battery life is rubbish now on this phone. Died prematurely yesterday while using Runkeeper (uses GPS) and taking some photographs and video, battery was NOT flat but phone turned itself off without any notice, push power button nothing, hold power button for 10secs phone came back to life, thank god.

I have a feeling this GDR update fiasco is not over yet, and our phones will never perform as good as they used to battery wise.

Will monitor the situation and see what happens.

Not impressed with this though, feels like I have a second rate phone now, next purchase Nokia - Never touching HTC again, support is non existent

Harsh Thakar

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Ohhh Man, Dont Tell ME Even After Updating this all problem ll Remain ... WTF yaar , I Hate Microsoft Now from the Core, Seems like one of the Worst Decision :(

ricocchet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Ohhh Man, Dont Tell ME Even After Updating this all problem ll Remain ... WTF yaar , I Hate Microsoft Now from the Core, Seems like one of the Worst Decision :(

Well the good news was I could switch the phone back on after holding power button for 10secs

Probably what the update was for, allows us to switch phone back on!! :D Same issues will monitor things.

Harsh Thakar

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Well the good news was I could switch the phone back on after holding power button for 10secs

Probably what the update was for, allows us to switch phone back on!! :D Same issues will monitor things.

Hahaaa, So Basically They Have Made A Car Somehow, and now dont know how to Drive ... Great ... We Are Becoming just a Beta Tester of Them, Who Says we Are Customer :D :D :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb