Having problems after updating my 8x to GDR 2

Mydarkpassenger

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
i just updated my htc 8x few hours back and since then i'm having a lot of problems. some of my livetiles wont update, tried soft resetting twice. heck even the facebook app updated today wont open. it crashes everytime. also there is no datasense and that option to clear temp files in the app make more space wont do anything. the only usable feature for me until now in this update is FM radio. i'm from india and my phone is unlocked. anyone else having similar problems...:angry::angry::angry::cry:

MilkyTee

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I believe the option to remove temporary files is only enabled when you have the Make More Space app installed - which many people removed because,ironically, it was just taking up space.

Go to Store>HTC Aps> install Make More Space and you should see the option to remove temporary files shortly thereafter.

MilkyTee

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
It's not within the app. Go to settings>storage and there should be a new option down the bottom to clear temporary files.
Haven't tested it myself though as I'm pretty sure my phone just got bricked this morning.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's not within the app. Go to settings>storage and there should be a new option down the bottom to clear temporary files.
Haven't tested it myself though as I'm pretty sure my phone just got bricked this morning.

The WPCentral front page story on this is incorrect. The "clear unused temporary space" option is in the "Make More Space" app. There are no new options in settings->storage

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077