New Verizon 8x Has No Service Anywhere, Verizon Can't Help

stickstickly

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
  • Hello all, I decided to take the dive into Windows Phone and bought an 8x from a phone refurbisher. The phone looks mint.
  • I popped my SIM from my old 4g Nexus into the phone. Activated it on My Verizon fine.
  • My account shows the 8x on it. However I cannot get service anywhere.
  • I have already had a Verizon store switch out the 4g sim.
  • I have gotten service for a random short spurt of time 30 seconds or so here or there through out the day. (have had the phone for 2 days it has probably had service for a total of 3 minutes)
  • So I'm just stumped.

Last edited:

failed1234

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
  • Hello all, I decided to take the dive into Windows Phone and bought an 8x from a phone refurbisher. The phone looks mint.
  • I popped my SIM from my old 4g Nexus into the phone. Activated it on My Verizon fine.
  • My account shows the 8x on it. However I cannot get service anywhere.
  • I have already had a Verizon store switch out the 4g sim.
  • I have gotten service for a random short spurt of time 30 seconds or so here or there through out the day. (have had the phone for 2 days it has probably had service for a total of 3 minutes)
  • So I'm just stumped.

Get the phone replaced...?

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I for one, hope you are not a representation of the general user base of this forum.

In all fairness, your thread stated Verizon can't help, so the next logical step is to replace the phone. Sounds like a bad phone. I would contact the seller and see if they will replace the phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb