GDR 2 on Three

kingcartwright

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news but what Three UK have told you in incorrect you can currently use the 8X on Three's DC-HSDPA 42mbps but not LTE, it does say on Three's website DC-HSDPA

doesn't have LTE inside the phone mate

Kyorin

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
If this update is rolling out according to serial no. how does one get the updates if they bought an unlocked handset and then used it with Three UK? Does this mean that by buying unlocked Windows handsets that you'll now never get any updates as the carrier obviously won't know the serial no of the handset?

Is there another way to get these updates?

kingcartwright

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
If this update is rolling out according to serial no. how does one get the updates if they bought an unlocked handset and then used it with Three UK? Does this mean that by buying unlocked Windows handsets that you'll now never get any updates as the carrier obviously won't know the serial no of the handset?

Is there another way to get these updates?

If the phone is sim-free you should already have the update, if its a Three UK branded update you will get the update at the same time as us regardless if the phone has been unlocked or not it makes no difference.

Kyorin

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
It was originally locked to Orange but I got an unlock code for it, but it's academic now as I just checked for updates and it's downloading as I type this :)

Kyorin

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
There was an HTC update as well that it did before the Microsoft updates, so hopefully that was to avoid some of the issues that others have seen with this update. Also surprisingly I have "Data Sense" now which I wasn't expecting. Still looking to see what else is new, if anything.

MangoGuy

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
There was an HTC update as well that it did before the Microsoft updates, so hopefully that was to avoid some of the issues that others have seen with this update. Also surprisingly I have "Data Sense" now which I wasn't expecting. Still looking to see what else is new, if anything.
Cool can't wait to get mine

MangoGuy

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news but what Three UK have told you in incorrect you can currently use the 8X on Three's DC-HSDPA 42mbps but not LTE, it does say on Three's website DC-HSDPA

doesn't have LTE inside the phone mate
Thanks for the update, I been told yesterday by three complaints in fact the 8x isn't lte, the sales guy just told me this to make a sale, really annoyed !!!!

kingcartwright

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Twitter Exchange:

@ThreeUKSupport when is the update coming for the HTC 8X? you've already released it for the 8S and all the other networks have released it

reply: This is currently being tested, we don't yet have a date for rollout but keep an eye out on Twitter for updates. >D

MangoGuy

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Twitter Exchange:

@ThreeUKSupport when is the update coming for the HTC 8X? you've already released it for the 8S and all the other networks have released it

reply: This is currently being tested, we don't yet have a date for rollout but keep an eye out on Twitter for updates. >D
Complete joke which means it will be a while

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786