corrosion by sim card

Groundd1

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
This past weekend my phone statrted randomly rebooting so bad that I could not get past the load screen. I did a hard reset and that seemed to fix it for a few days but then it started doing it again. My previous phone was an incredible 2 and it did this as well so I figured no biggie I will take it to the verizion store and get a new one since I have only had it a few months. Well apparently I had water damage( probably has to do with my 9 month old getting a hold of it every now and then and using it as a chew toy) so there was nothing they could do. Is there a way to get the corrosion off? I haven't taken it apart but it the corrosion is visible on the inside where the Sim card goes in, the Sim card itself has corrosion on the white plastics but not the actual chip. Thanks in advance!

Groundd1

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I know sometimes you can get corrosion off electronics depending on how bad it is. I guess I was asking more to see if anyone had any luck before I took the phone apart to see how bad it was.

Last edited:

emckai

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
If you are planning to take apart your phone, the only part you should really clean is the motherboard.
I used to work at an iPhone repair shop and the way we cleaned water-damaged phone is with Distilled water, tooth brush and heat.

With the motherboard, make sure all the connections are disconnected and pour some distilled water and use the tooth brush to remove any corrosion from the board. Once you're done, make sure EVERYTHING is completely dry before re-assembling your phone together.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720