Verizon HTC 8X GDR2 update?

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I should hope so. Since they came across problems with the international update, I'm assuming they had to pull the update to fix some things. Either that or Verizon has had the update for awhile and decided to wait for the update from all its phones before releasing it.

jenni122701

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I have the 8X on Verizon, I guess it will be coming. Ive been trying to look up info on it as Im new to Windows phone and wasnt sure what was coming in it.

Sent from my iPad 3rd Gen using Tapatalk

pechio

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I should hope so. Since they came across problems with the international update, I'm assuming they had to pull the update to fix some things. Either that or Verizon has had the update for awhile and decided to wait for the update from all its phones before releasing it.

Verizon needs time to disable FM radio.

JayW68

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Because they disabled it on the 928....

The 928's hardware does not support FM radio. The release today for the 822 does include FM radio support. I wonder if Verizon is making sure they do not have the issues that the unlocked update from HTC had. I am eagerly awaiting the release to see how much my "Other" storage shrinks.

lee.eubanks

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. I've had the phone about 6 months, and I'm finally feeling the repercussions of only 16 GBs. My phone is sluggish, and I can't even update apps anymore without first uninstalling other apps or removing downloaded music.

Such a waste. Hope Verizon releases the update soon and that it actually frees up some of my 5GB of "Other."

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Lets hope they do so soon. I've got a VZW 8X I use on t-mo because it is the most responsive 8X the 3 models in the US. I've read that GDR2 makes this run faster and with better battery life...so I'm looking forward to that.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
The 928's hardware does not support FM radio. The release today for the 822 does include FM radio support. I wonder if Verizon is making sure they do not have the issues that the unlocked update from HTC had. I am eagerly awaiting the release to see how much my "Other" storage shrinks.

Get it right please. When designing the phone, Nokia asked Verizon about FM radio support, Verizon said NO....This is why it does not have the hardware...

TO be honest with you, I think the hardware is there, I think it's a Verizon disabling it thing...

DrummerJDM

Apr 14, 2008
Visit site
My fianc? has the 928 and I can confirm with GDR2 she now has group text. Her family members have iPhones so its definitely a welcomed addition. Hopefully our update comes soon. I have been patiently waiting since February for group text.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6