Bell users: What's your opinion?

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

Right now I have an 8GB HTC 8X and I am going to try selling it off Kijiji for about 250$ (still worth 550$ at Rogers). It's well maintained and I like it still but the memory is bothering me. I want to buy a 16 GB Bell version off kijiji but I never really liked Bell and don't know how their updating frequency really is compared to Rogers. Is it a risk that I should take? I'll unlock it so I can use my Fido sim (which works on Roger phones) but it won't cost much... What do you guys think?

mrdeeds_72

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
That's a great price, but you're right in be wary of Bell support. I've tweeted them 2x with no response regarding GDR2 when they responded the next day with Portico. Since they are no longer selling the 8X, it is my belief they have dropped updates, especially since they have already pushed GDR2 to the Samsung ATIV S.

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
That's a great price, but you're right in be wary of Bell support. I've tweeted them 2x with no response regarding GDR2 when they responded the next day with Portico. Since they are no longer selling the 8X, it is my belief they have dropped updates, especially since they have already pushed GDR2 to the Samsung ATIV S.

Oh wow, but what if I carrier unlock it. What happens to it then? Im curious do I still receive updates from Bell's servers or international or whatnot?

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Bell dropped the 8X months ago. a few store still have some stock left though. have a 16gb 8X from bell buy bought an unlocked ATIV S and my device received the update the same time as bells locked ATIV S's

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Bell dropped the 8X months ago. a few store still have some stock left though. have a 16gb 8X from bell buy bought an unlocked ATIV S and my device received the update the same time as bells locked ATIV S's

Oh wow so the unlocked 8X received the same update as the Ativ S? nicee :D Thanks a lot!

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Oh wow so the unlocked 8X received the same update as the Ativ S? nicee :D Thanks a lot!
sorry miss spelled "but"

I used my ugrade and got the HTC 8X and recently ditched it for a Samsung ATIV S thats rogers but unlocked and used on bell... the unlocked rogers ATIV S received the update as bell carrier tied ATIV S at the same time.

sent my HTC 8X and the replaced it with a new 8X (few issues and replaced under warranty) but after switching to the ATIV S I haven't even opened the new 8X and probably won't.

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
sorry miss spelled "but"

I used my ugrade and got the HTC 8X and recently ditched it for a Samsung ATIV S thats rogers but unlocked and used on bell... the unlocked rogers ATIV S received the update as bell carrier tied ATIV S at the same time.

sent my HTC 8X and the replaced it with a new 8X (few issues and replaced under warranty) but after switching to the ATIV S I haven't even opened the new 8X and probably won't.

Ohhh i see. Hmm I guess that is interesting. So you think I should go for the 8X from Bell even though it is ditched? I'm buying it secondhand

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
What did you decide? Bell pushed out Gdr2 recently?

That they did indeed! For me I don't know if I can fully trust them. So far I used shrink storage after gdr2 with the wpcenteal method that they posted awhile ago and have 1.57 GB of storage! Make more space app doesn't want to delete the 880mb of temp files but so far I am happy. Very happy. I have more freedom

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6