Official HTC 8X GDR2 Thread

Catalin Esanu

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I just got the update (8.0.10327.77) for my 8X (neverlocked, but on Orange plan) in Romania.
"Other" storage dropped from 3.56 to 2.26 Gb
FM Radio is enabled in Music & Videos Hub
No Data Sense
That's about it.
I've heard rumors about a Notification Bar, but I don't have it. Does anyone know something about it ?

rysliv

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
We all know AT&T 8x devices got the update, I don't think it's necessary to post it repeatedly in the forums, not to be negative.

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
We all know AT&T 8x devices got the update, I don't think it's necessary to post it repeatedly in the forums, not to be negative.

I agree, but I did post some other information that pertains to all HTC users in an effort to advance the conversation.

jenni122701

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
This was posted today in Verizon site forum about HTC 8X:

"Verizon Wireless Customer Support Aug 21, 2013 9:48 AM (in response to codymws)

Hi codymws,

Great news! The update is here. It is an awesome update. You can follow this link and start downloading it. http://vz.to/18K8QFl Let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW"

Anyone here on HTC 8X updated?

Sent from my iPad 3rd Gen using Tapatalk

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Tmobile Gdr2 update close for 8x

I've posted another thread stating that HTC took down their update page regarding the 8x and T-Mobile. Yesterday, the "republished" the update page. It's the same exact one, but it does give credence that our update maybe near.

Gregory Wintle

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Just updated my 8X, on Vodafone UK. Nothing was available when I checked yesterday, but got it about 2 hours ago. FM radio, Data Sense there. Not noticed anything else yet. Updated OTA.

OS version: 9.0.10327.77

Enjoy updating!

clindhartsen

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
This was posted today in Verizon site forum about HTC 8X:

"Verizon Wireless Customer Support Aug 21, 2013 9:48 AM (in response to codymws)

Hi codymws,

Great news! The update is here. It is an awesome update. You can follow this link and start downloading it. Software Update: Windows Phone 8X by HTC | Verizon Wireless Let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW"

Anyone here on HTC 8X updated?

Sent from my iPad 3rd Gen using Tapatalk

Looking at the post, that seems to be pointing to the last update the 8X received, but maybe Verzion hasn't updated that page yet?

DJRedLine

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Just updated my 8X, on Vodafone UK. Nothing was available when I checked yesterday, but got it about 2 hours ago. FM radio, Data Sense there. Not noticed anything else yet. Updated OTA.

OS version: 9.0.10327.77

Enjoy updating!

Yeah woke up this morning to mine prompting to update (Voda UK 8X)
Might just be me but it seems a bit smoother

raysaraptor

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Haven't read anything about Beats after GDR2, so I'll write about what I've noticed about it. First, media fades in whenever you either change tracks or resume play after having paused whatever you're listening to. I really enjoy that feature because my speakers won't blare after my my music pauses or I get a notification/call. Second, the sound is more dynamic when plugged into an auxiliary cable. I never could hear a difference when I turned Beats on with my phone connected to my car stereo. Now I can hear parts of the recording to most music I was only able to distinguish when I used my Beats headphones. It's a good improvement since I'm always using my phone to listen to music.

rysliv

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I never like beats audio, it makes everything sound grainy or have a lot of background static. I usually keep it off, but somehow I don't get any bass without it, other devices are fine. I honestly could do without beats audio.

morpheus1982

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I never like beats audio, it makes everything sound grainy or have a lot of background static. I usually keep it off, but somehow I don't get any bass without it, other devices are fine. I honestly could do without beats audio.

Background static and grainy sounds faulty. However, it you aren't using decent headphones then that could be the reason...

Bob Cote

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I just received this update and now I can't send at text. Anyone else having this issue? Any thoughts on how to correct it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb