Official HTC 8X GDR2 Thread

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Same with my phone, at first it was once a week problem now it almost daily... and it always resets when I press unlock button.

Yep that's exactly what im getting reset with unlock and it only turns itself off when I press the lock button. Its not every time, but can guarantee it will do it at least once a day.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The GDR2 update to my AT&T 8x ruined my bluetooth connection with my car. I was never getting the text messages read aloud on WP8, but my telephone connection was always good for calls. Now when I try to make a call, the phone will disappear from the car bluetooth connection, and it will often cause the phone to reboot. Basically useless in the car now. This is a real problem for me.

HappyFuture

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I just got my phone via Expansys. The phone did 4 updates automatically and now I am on GDR2. I think that the carriers really modifly the software or firmware, because my GDR2 went through without a hitch.

vlacocabios

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
My unlocked htc8x still hasn't got the gdr2 update... Everytime I check, I get the message that I have the latest version. Should I start worrying? 😠

ebk14

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, be happy. My HTC 8x (Verizon) has more problems post gdr2 and im not sure what good came from it except an fm radio I dont use.

Drusstw

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
got my gdr2 update from MTN after much pondering from reading many negative posts about it. but luckily, all is well ! so far (touch wood). got the radio but no data sense and can't set default camera lens. i'm really liking the option to keep wifi on during sleep and battery life seems to be fine - although i still need more time to fully test this.

glad i did the update. can't wait for gdr3!

Ktysai

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Anyone that has GDR2 can confirm me if they have on the Settings\MOBILE NETWORKS: Always restrinct background data?

Thanks in advance!

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Anyone that has GDR2 can confirm me if they have on the Settings\MOBILE NETWORKS: Always restrinct background data?

Thanks in advance!
I don't have this option on my O2 Germany 8X with Update 3 and didn't have with GDR2 either.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Ktysai

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Thank you Gerzhwin! You phone was bought from the carrier O2 with contract? In my case the acquisition was made from an online store.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2