Viber Problem

Rilind Shabani

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
What might be the problem with VIBER on HTC windows 8x phone, when I press the back button on the phone while being on VIBER and I get out of the app, It doesnt show me the new messages as notification on the screen, nor it alerts any sound for getting new message nor even when I get a viber video call it doesnt show up on the screen, unless I must open Viber, and then messages arrive or video call!?!?!?!
Anyone can help?!?!?!?!?!

kivancio

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issue NL920. I thought push notifications were down for viber, but suddenly tonight all old notifications that i missed popped. Its some server related problem, nothing you can do, sorry.

r0mmE7

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I had push notification issues for my Lumia 920 for quite a few months now and I was able to find a way around this problem.
Here is what I did:
1. In Settings / Background tasks, I only allowed two applications to run in the background.
2. I uninstalled Viber from my phone.
3. In Settings / Storage check, I cleared the temporary files.
4. In Settings / Ringtones+Sounds, I unticked/unchecked the "all other notifications" (I saw that Viber will use its own notification sounds for push notifications).
4. I performed a soft reboot (holding down the volume down + power button).
5. After the reboot, I again cleared the temporary files in Settings / Storage Check.
6. I re-installed viber.

I am not really sure how it worked :)
I hope this info helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99