Guide: Nokia Pro Cam for Htc 8x

Bryan Sayas

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
1. Connect to a WiFi network

2. Under Settings - WiFi, click on the WiFi network you are connected to

3. Switch 'Proxy' to on. Now type "117.135.139.179" into "Server/URL". In "Port", type in "8888", then click on the tick at the bottom of the screen

4. Link for the app: Nokia Pro Cam | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Just type it in the address bar of the browser and it would automatically redirect you to the store.

5. Click Install.

Source: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...-samsung-htc-collections-apps-your-lumia.html

Things that currently don't work:
1. Video
2. Adjusting the focus

here's a sample for comparison (indoor lighting)
Photo taken using Nokia Pro Cam:
WP_20130831_00_32_59_Pro.jpg

Photo taken using Camera App:
WP_20130831_00_32_59_Pro.jpg

Things I noticed:
1. Photo taken with Nokia Pro Cam has relatively a lot more noise.
2. Photo taken with Camera App have brighter color. (But I think it depends on the lighting.)

Attachments

• WP_20130831_002.jpg
    WP_20130831_002.jpg
    492.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Klaric

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Does not work for Verizon 8X. Something about not the right version of windows. Guess we need to wait for the next update?

Bryan Sayas

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Not wanting to cause undue alarm but please note that the Proxy address originates from China.

I pretty much knew that after visiting the app store, there was an app there with 9999 ratings and I was like, WTF?!. Then after looking at the screenies, it's like another app store.

Last edited:

Bacalaohombre

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
thanks very much! i tried to do it through the original article but it wouldn't work for me even though i could install all the other oem apps.
has anyone been able to set pro cam as their default camera app? i've had no luck :cry: and my 8x is updated to GDR2.

Bryan Sayas

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
thanks very much! i tried to do it through the original article but it wouldn't work for me even though i could install all the other oem apps.
has anyone been able to set pro cam as their default camera app? i've had no luck :cry: and my 8x is updated to GDR2.

Htc hasn't released an update yet for replacing the default camera. Hopefully an update for GDR2 would be realeased, or worse GDR3; and you know Htc, they don't pretty much prioritize their windows phones.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I installed the Beats software on my 720, couldn't even turn that on.
Who knows if these exclusive softwares (specially camera ones) require some kind of hardware to run?

Netrelious

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
i enable the proxy and i put the correct numbers , i changed region to us but i have problem with the internet. it seems to have full bars but its not loading... says error no connection. plz help me!

Vietnamese10

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
My phone just have updated to GDR2. And I can't use your method. it said that " it can't connect to store ". Before updating i still use this method.

Bryan Sayas

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
My phone just have updated to GDR2. And I can't use your method. it said that " it can't connect to store ". Before updating i still use this method.

before doing these, just to make it easier, install the app called "SysAp Pusher", then do these stuff. In SysApp Pusher, you can find all exclusive apps for Htc, Nokia, and Samsung. From there just select what you want and hope that the app works for you.

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
different tutorial: get Fiddler, add a rule to replace your oemId with Nokia and the model with the 920 or 1020 etc.. you won't use a proxy by someone you don't even know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte