Charging HTC 8X

Bipin Das

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Hello friends

I just bought HTC 8X and when i am charging it..its indicator light is blinking (red and green).It should be red while charging(as written in user guide)
:unhappy:
and it is not getting charged.

Please tell me what should I do

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. I don't have an 8X, but I know that's an issue. Have you tried soft resetting? Hold the power and volume down button for 10 seconds. It might work.

Bipin Das

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I did it..the phone got restarted..and on charging I saw the red light constantly on for a while..but after that its the same..
:(

thanks but can you suggest me anything else ?

jenni122701

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I have the 8X and it should not be doing that. It should be just red and turn green when its charged. You need to call and see about getting that fixed or the phone exchanged.

Sent from my iPad 3rd Gen using Tapatalk

Bipin Das

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
HTC customer care said that put it for charging it for 3-4 hours. /if the problem persists then call us again.

I am really irritated.
thanks for your reply

jenni122701

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
HTC customer care said that put it for charging it for 3-4 hours. /if the problem persists then call us again.

I am really irritated.
thanks for your reply

I understand, it is SO frustrating when a new phone doesnt work just as it should. I hope that helps or you get it fixed/replaced. Good luck!

Svetoslav Enkov

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Mine 8X blinks when I mistakenly put it on the microUSB Charger cable of my "Momo7 DualCore" tablet - it is slightly different charger I think because when I put a normal microUSB charger on this tablet it charges too slow. With other chargers my 8X charges normally, steady red until the end of charge then green.

I think you have either faulty charger or failed battery! Try other charger first. Else return it to HTC Repair Center or you carrier service centre.

As for charging for a 3-4-5 hours it means fully discharged battery. This may help really but I am sceptic. Try it anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss