No Datasense

shobhan03

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey there,

I have HTC 8X and after GDr2 update, i didnt get Datasense. can you have any idea why so ? i reside in India and have the mobile bought from India only.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Only certain features of Data Sense are carrier dependent.

I should know because I have a country variant 620 and I have Data Sense. Running on 8.10.10328.xxxx

shobhan03

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
HTC is giving in other countries. and if you are talking about Vodafone , the carrier that i use, then one of my friend who uses Vodafone on Lumia 820 has got datasense.

Last edited:

podsnap

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Got the same problem. Bought a SIM free HTC 8X which updated automatically (a couple of days after first getting it) to GDR2. But no Data Sense, not even an app that doesn't work. (Virgin SIM, UK)

stiflingcobra

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Have you done a hard reset?? I'm sure i read on here that some people were missing it until they did a phone reset... But do that at your own risk of course...

podsnap

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply stiflingcobra I read that too, but I've also read that a hard reset doesn't bring datasense.

Also, I can't see why any update process (which resets the phone - possibly not a hard reset but...) would then need the user to hard reset their phone, and also not even tell them they needed to!

lpforthewin

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Not so much about how to get data sense but i have an unlocked lumia 820 which I'm using in the uk with a virgin sim and have a fully featured data sense app so it's not virgin blocking it.

podsnap

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Ipforthewin that's really helpful to know!

In that case, I'll give the hard reset a go. Am I right in thinking that it's the weird hardware key press thing rather than the reset in Settings?

ccaballero

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Ipforthewin that's really helpful to know!

In that case, I'll give the hard reset a go. Am I right in thinking that it's the weird hardware key press thing rather than the reset in Settings?

Hard reset means reset to factory defaults. Via settings -> information.
The weird hardware key press thing: (power button + volume down button) is called battery pull. (same effect to pull the battery out of the phone)

Hope it helps

podsnap

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I tried a hard reset, once restoring the backup and once without. No joy. Still no Data Sense.

So despite everything I've read it's clearly not just down to the carrier (since Ipforthewin has the same service and has Data Sense).

*sigh* Oh well, I'll just wait to see if GDR3 brings it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos