Store no longer shows updates (VZW HTC 8X)

Starlifter

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
For the last week and a half, I no longer get store update notifications. This roughly correlates to the GDR2 update. I know there are updates waiting, because I can go to individual apps in the store and an "update" button will be at the bottom. I've tried unpinning and re-pinning the tile, no change. Anyone else having this issue and/or have a fix?

khunhorm

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
The usual solution is:

1. Unpin the store tile
2. Delete history and clear cache in IE
3. Soft reset follow by 2 off and on circle.
4. Re-pin the store tile.
5. Wait and see.

Starlifter

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
So far no luck. The closest thing I could find for a soft reset on the 8X was hold the power button down until it shuts down and then restarts again. Otherwise I followed all the other steps verbatim. Definitely frustrating, along with getting a nuisance and non-existent voicemail notification every time I power down and restart the phone. The only way to clear that is to call the phone and leave a real voicemail, which then allows me to clear the notification. Very frustrated....

The usual solution is:

1. Unpin the store tile
2. Delete history and clear cache in IE
3. Soft reset follow by 2 off and on circle.
4. Re-pin the store tile.
5. Wait and see.

khunhorm

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
So far no luck. The closest thing I could find for a soft reset on the 8X was hold the power button down until it shuts down and then restarts again. Otherwise I followed all the other steps verbatim. Definitely frustrating, along with getting a nuisance and non-existent voicemail notification every time I power down and restart the phone. The only way to clear that is to call the phone and leave a real voicemail, which then allows me to clear the notification. Very frustrated....

@Starlifter
The soft reset I was referring to was to press and hold the power button and volume down button until the phone is on again (see Nokia logo in case of my 920). I never use 8X but I think soft reset is an OS thing not the OEM thing so it should be the same. I might be wrong tho.

Starlifter

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Weird but my store app is working again (showing available updates) after i installed sysApp pusher..

I tried that as well, but the only notifications I get now in the store live tile are only for the HTC-specific apps. All my other installed apps still don't get any update notifications.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos