Phone stops booting after 10 seconds.

Lieven Luyckx

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey,

I got my Windows Phone 8X (Black) for about 5 months now and I'm really loving it, but for some reason it cannot be charged correctly anymore.
Every time I plug it in the phone starts, but after 10 seconds into the bootingprocess (while at the white htc screen) he just shuts down again and repeats what he just did. This goes on and on till the world ends or till I unplug it. I've never had this problem before, does anyone have any tips?

Thanks in advance,
Lieven

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to WPCentral!

My phone does that when I use my one cheap arse charger that I keep as a backup in my travel bag. I do not think it gives the phone enough juice, so when the phone is in the auto start process it is drawing nearly more than it is supplying so it can't get the base charge it needs.

With my cheapo charger, it does it for a while... FINALLY it gains enough of a base charge to remain in the "super low battery charging mode" that has the black screen with red battery. Perhaps your charger never actually gets the phone to that stage!

The 1st time it did it, I just went and used a different charger to get the base charge. The 2nd trip it did it I didn't have that option so I just left the room while my phone became a poor little whipping boy to the little pansy charger :*(

It is fine as long as I do not let the phone go ubber dead.

Lieven Luyckx

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
The thing is that I've used that charger for like 2 months now, its the old one of my older HTC (Sensation XE) and it worked perfect till now.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
The thing is that I've used that charger for like 2 months now, its the old one of my older HTC (Sensation XE) and it worked perfect till now.

Try this...with the phone charged about 1/2 way, or something in the middle...turn it off. Go plug it in and the phone should turn on and start the boot sequence. Did it give you any issues or go right to the home screen?

Do you normally try to use every ounce of battery charge in your phone? I also used the same charger for a couple of months without an issue (travel a lot in December and used it exclusively without issue...) [The issues first happened on my trip home in Aug, and again this past weekend. I've had my 920 since Nov]

Lieven Luyckx

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Now and then it happens that I use every ounce of battery that i have, but mostly not. And I just cant charge the phone, it automaticly starts when I plug it in...

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
And I just cant charge the phone, it automaticly starts when I plug it in...

I know, this is expected and a GOOD thing. I wanted to see if even though it still had a base charge (enough charge to turn the phone on) that it would NOT go into the restart cycle. Your phone is operating just as expected. If your phone is off, and you plug it in, it will turn on.

Now and then it happens that I use every ounce of battery that i have, but mostly not.

I'd wager to guess that if you always went and plugged in your phone at 10-20% life instead of letting it die, that the charger will not give you these issues anymore. To completely solve the issues, get a new, more powerful charger.

EDIT: when I search for a Sensation XE charger, it returns options that are 500 mAh's...when I look at WPCentral's store, all the HTC 8X options are 1000 mAh's.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3