GDR3 - Glance for HTC 8x?

tungls1

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
It would be very great if HTC 8x has GDR3 update. I own HTC8X and still can not upgrade to GDR2 now. Due to HTC revenue extremely down, I don't think HTC focus on window phone. It's sad but can be true

Bryan Sayas

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I think Htc doesn't really care much about its WP's. :eck:
One solid example is the image quality of the 8x, it has too much noise (in my opinion), and no update is released for it.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Glance is a Nokia features so no, HTC won't get Glance. There's nothing stopping them creating something similar for their WP phones though but from the lack of interest they've shown in WP its doubtful that would happen.

Bryan Sayas

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Glance is a Nokia features so no, HTC won't get Glance. There's nothing stopping them creating something similar for their WP phones though but from the lack of interest they've shown in WP its doubtful that would happen.

I just realized, since Microsoft bought Nokia, there might be a small chance for getting the Glance. That's if Microsoft would allow that to happen as an added feature of the OS.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It would be very great if HTC 8x has GDR3 update. I own HTC8X and still can not upgrade to GDR2 now. Due to HTC revenue extremely down, I don't think HTC focus on window phone. It's sad but can be true

What are you on about HTC released GDR2 first along with Samsung. If you haven't got it yet its down to your carrier not HTC. Have had GDR2 for over a month and a following firmware update after GRD2.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Flip to silence was an HTC feature and Nokia got that. Theres no reason why it wouldn't be part of GDR3 for HTC phones

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Flip to silence was an HTC feature and Nokia got that. Theres no reason why it wouldn't be part of GDR3 for HTC phones

Nokia didnt get htc's feature, they made their own. And the acquisition hasn't been approved yet so no Nokia features are going to be added to the OS as standard just yet, if ever.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah your right they made their own HTC's attentive phone has more options making it better

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

Charlie Poels

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I think this is not made available because of the screen technology. Every Nokia phone that uses Glance has an OLED screen. Since black pixels are not being used, you save power. LCD screen, or any other screen I know of can't do this.

so basically you would burn through your battery even faster by using this option. Peek would be nice to have though, or something like "double tap to wake" where you yeah, double tap on the screen.

FrodoBaggins

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I think this is not made available because of the screen technology. Every Nokia phone that uses Glance has an OLED screen. Since black pixels are not being used, you save power. LCD screen, or any other screen I know of can't do this.

so basically you would burn through your battery even faster by using this option. Peek would be nice to have though, or something like "double tap to wake" where you yeah, double tap on the screen.

Yeah I don't understand why peek cannot be implemented, would be very useful. Or even if the glance screen auto turned on when you remove it from your pocket, and if the device is out of pocket for more than x minutes go into peek mode.

deku13

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure 920 uses the same LCD as the 8x

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Data sense is carrier specific. Before GDR2, it was basically just Verizon offering this service.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077