Telstra (Australia) to start testing GDR3 for HTC 8X in November

Topherious

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920 so don't follow the 8X forum often but I just noticed that Telstra posted an updated handset updates schedule yesterday and it looks like due to HTC cancelling GDR2 for the 8X that they are pushing through GDR3 quickly as testing is scheduled to start in late November. Its still a while away but at least the 8X owners have a light at the end of the tunnel for a future update.

Handset updates - 13 September - Telstra Crowdsupport - 186927

Apologies if this is old news and has been posted before.

Topherious

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Is that for international 8x? Sorry, not familiar with Telstra.
Telstra is Australia's largest mobile operator and regularly is one of the the first globally to announce testing of upcoming WP updates. This update schedule is specific for Telstra branded 8X's however as they say that the GDR2 update was cancelled globally and is being replaced by GDR3, I would expect that most mobile operators globally would be following a similar schedule to Telstra.

Bryan Sayas

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Telstra is Australia's largest mobile operator and regularly is one of the the first globally to announce testing of upcoming WP updates. This update schedule is specific for Telstra branded 8X's however as they say that the GDR2 update was cancelled globally and is being replaced by GDR3, I would expect that most mobile operators globally would be following a similar schedule to Telstra.
I searched on google and no news about gdr3 for the international version. I guess it'll be a long wait.

Topherious

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I searched on google and no news about gdr3 for the international version. I guess it'll be a long wait.
I think Telstra only posted this to their update schedule as there are a lot of Australian 8X owners that were upset about GDR2 being scrapped for the 8X. As I mentioned earlier, Telstra regularly are one of the first operators globally to announce the testing schedules so I think you will find that other carriers and unlocked country variants should get the update around the same time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)