8x battery issue

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey all

Just noticed after updating to gdr2 now when charging my 8x it goes green and shows fully charged, pull the cable it then shows 97% right away. Any ideas?

Regards

HappyFuture

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I got my HTC 8x yesterday. It took a loooooong time to charge, like 6 hours. Battery life went down from 99% to 70% in two hours of heavy use. But now it is sitting next to me in idle, and holding at 60%. I think it'll improve. I have been following the suggestions here. I will not return this phone. It is too awesome!

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I also had a couple of stickyshocker's charging incidents before GDR2 but haven't noticed any since. Unfortunately I didn't notice a pattern so I can't reproduce the situation.

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Somewhere in a forum I saw an 'official' HTC battery calibration procedure. It said to keep charging the phone over and over with restarts in between (leaving it on the charger) until the LED was green at restart. I tried that with mine but gave up after four restarts.

I figure it's SOP for the phone; my wife's Lumia 521 stays at 100% for a couple of hours before it drops.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720