Post gdr2 service issues

dwurl

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, using Verizon HTC 8x. Since the update, I have been having some reception issues, namely folks on the receiving end can't hear me, as if my reception is crappy. I can hear them fine and usually my service is adequate like 2 or 3 bars. Walking around seems to fix it. But even in the middle of my house where it has worked fine in the past - no longer works right. Anybody else had issues like this? Anyone know ant general troubleshooting/tips for this kind of problem? Thanks.

thelern

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I have this problem. It seems to happen randomly. I cleaned out my mic on the top of the phone and the bottom and it had not happened since then. It has only been a week since cleaning out so it could reappear but I hope not.

dwurl

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Update on this. The microphone is not the issue. It must have something to do with the antenna. To recap: I can text and use data as much as I want with absolutely zero issues. Placing a call is next to impossible, and when it does go through, the person on the other line can barely understand me as if the service is bad, however I can hear them just perfectly. This persists whether I have 4-5 bars or 1-2. Often times it will display 4-5, then I try to make a call and shortly thereafter it goes to no service. Again, I can still use data and text with no problem.
I went to the Verizon store yesterday and the rep performed a hard reset, and the phone worked as it should right there in the store. Of course the problem returned when I got home (the store is 45 min away). My plan is to get another (cheap) phone as a substitute and then either take apart my 8x or send it off. The warranty is void due to a crack on the screen it sustained months ago.
I'll be honest, I'm very frustrated with the lay persons general lack of knowledge about the phone, and even the reps. I will likely try an older iPhone as the substitute (I've never had one). We will see where this goes. Been on wp8 since march, crappy Droid before that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs