Hi all, using Verizon HTC 8x. Since the update, I have been having some reception issues, namely folks on the receiving end can't hear me, as if my reception is crappy. I can hear them fine and usually my service is adequate like 2 or 3 bars. Walking around seems to fix it. But even in the middle of my house where it has worked fine in the past - no longer works right. Anybody else had issues like this? Anyone know ant general troubleshooting/tips for this kind of problem? Thanks.
    09-19-2013 08:18 AM
    I have this problem. It seems to happen randomly. I cleaned out my mic on the top of the phone and the bottom and it had not happened since then. It has only been a week since cleaning out so it could reappear but I hope not.
    09-19-2013 09:09 AM
    Interesting... Sounds too easy but I'll try it
    09-19-2013 02:18 PM
    Update on this. The microphone is not the issue. It must have something to do with the antenna. To recap: I can text and use data as much as I want with absolutely zero issues. Placing a call is next to impossible, and when it does go through, the person on the other line can barely understand me as if the service is bad, however I can hear them just perfectly. This persists whether I have 4-5 bars or 1-2. Often times it will display 4-5, then I try to make a call and shortly thereafter it goes to no service. Again, I can still use data and text with no problem.
    I went to the Verizon store yesterday and the rep performed a hard reset, and the phone worked as it should right there in the store. Of course the problem returned when I got home (the store is 45 min away). My plan is to get another (cheap) phone as a substitute and then either take apart my 8x or send it off. The warranty is void due to a crack on the screen it sustained months ago.
    I'll be honest, I'm very frustrated with the lay persons general lack of knowledge about the phone, and even the reps. I will likely try an older iPhone as the substitute (I've never had one). We will see where this goes. Been on wp8 since march, crappy Droid before that.
    09-24-2013 07:33 AM
    I've been having troubles sending text messages out, with full service.
    09-24-2013 01:48 PM