Charging Issues Post-GDR2?

clindhartsen

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced an 8X stating its battery is at a certain percentage - even though it's clearly high or lower?

I just got a replacement 8X from Verizon due to SIM issues and noticed this happening after it sat on a wireless charger for 30 minutes and didn't appear to charge, only to restart it and see it's charge bounce up 20 points. I've seen this once previously with the original 8X I owned.

eugie

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
i have headache for reading any phone issues I'm very tired..,hahay but u must know the tips and tricks...i can give advice but don't have enough time....

srmccoy

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I just had this happen for the first time yesterday. Plugged the phone in during a 1.5 hour drive, and an hour in it only went up 1%. I reset the phone and bam 65%. I have not been able to replicate this, however.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I am noticing since the update that QI charging is only working for 1-2 minutes and shuts off. This sucks... I was thinking of exchanging it but now you got me thinking its the gdr update. It starting acting like this in Aug.

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Yep, same here. Seems GDR2 related. I use an wireless charger every night and never have a problem with it being fully charged in the morning. However, I have another charger that I keep in our kitchen and noticed a couple times that I used it to bump the charge a bit while on the go, it seems that it hasn't been charging. I'll have to try the reboot, however it seems if I give it enough time (leave on charger longer after looking at the charge) it eventually does update the charge. It doesn't seem to be not charging, but rather not reflecting the charge that it has taken. Never had an issue for the 6 months prior to GDR2 that I had the wireless chargers....

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720