Headphones and buzzer won't work together...

mc_gee

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys. I have a strange issue with my 8x:

1) if I power for it on normally everything works OK except for headphone jack - it simply does not detect any headphones I'm plugging in,
2) if I power it on with headphones plugged in they and e being detected and works without problems, but instead buzzer (that speaker located on backside of the phone) stops working ...if I want it to work again I need to shut phone down and turn it on again without headphones plugged - but then I get again issue #1.

Jack is brand new and ribbon is properly connected, phone is with GDR2 and I have no idea how long that problem exists as I bought it disassembled without screen and few other parts.

I don't use my phone as my primary music player so I can live within it - I'm just curious is it just me or it's a common problem.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

Ktysai

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Push the power button longer than 10s and hope that soft reset gives you comfort. Most probably is a specific problem of your device, sorry :(

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like an issue with the jack itself almost as if it's stuck or something. I had a similar issue on my Dell Axim X51v, unplugging slowly resolved the issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3