Camera advice

DaBigPuma

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I go to a lot of concerts and can't get half way decent photos. Any suggestions on what camera settings would increase my chances of getting a decent photo? Keeping in mind the inconsistent lighting situation of be at a concert.
Thank you.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I go to a lot of concerts and can't get half way decent photos. Any suggestions on what camera settings would increase my chances of getting a decent photo? Keeping in mind the inconsistent lighting situation of be at a concert.
Thank you.

it all depends on the camera sensor. btw which phone are you using ?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
btw which phone are you using ?

HTC 8X, since this is the forum section the OP has posted in...

I don't think you'll get good concert photos with a mobile phone (the flash won't light very much and will probably annoy those people who are close to you). I'd advise you to try taking video footage instead.

Klaric

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that leaving the ISO control set to auto results in horrible low-light pictures. It's better to set the ISO manually (800 for low-light, non-flash situations). This won't work if it's too dark, but you'll be surprised at the difference you'll see considering the f2.0 aperture.

DaBigPuma

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I am going to try the higher ISO. Any thoughts on the other settings on the HTC 8X, exposure, contract, and saturation?

Ktysai

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
High ISO gives not that nice pictures, this is the solutions for low light pics, though. You can play with exposure time having in mind the rule: lower values for sunny environments and bigger values for the opposite.

I haven't got the best way this camera can function properly, still work in progress... BTW, I hope you've change the default setting from 6MP intro 8MP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven