HTC 8X shutting down and now not responding?!?!? HELP :(

Aldwin1999

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
To start of i just want to say I love my x8 and I actually liked the way it looks than android.

I received this phone yesterday from rogers and today on my way home from school, I was about to text one of my friends, but I noticed my screen wouldn't turn on... I was calm cause I knew it could have been just that I drained my battery without knowing. I got home and I plugged it in but it didn't light up (the red light where the speaker is). This is when I got super scared, I looked on the internet to see the problem, and I saw lots!

I was reading that the update could have been the reason or the reason of this happening. I tried to the the soft- reboot and then hard reboot, nothing worked, It didn't even vibrate or show any signs of it ''working'' like the screen turning on.

Yesterday when I got it I downloaded apps from the store, like facebook, twitter, 6 second vine, and 2 games. While playing around with my new phone I came upon the speech, it told me to download an English language pack or something like that and after that it worked perfectly good. I just want to know if that was the reason of it shutting down or getting it bricked. I also added music onto it by plugging it in my computer and that was the only things I did, Unless calling or messaging counts.

I told my mom that it didn't work and that I tried basically everything I came upon on the internet and or myself, with button combinations, taking out the simcard, plugging it on the computer and charging it. They all didn't work. My mom called rogers and said that I could get a new HTC x8 or I could choose another phone, To be honest the x8 is the one I wanted, all the other phones where the flips, old android, or low-priced phones like the Nokia 520.

If I choose to get the same phone will I have the same problem? What should I avoid downloading or doing? Please help!
Should I just get a nokia 520? (Which i dont really like the specs)

Thanks for the future help.... Aldwin

Aldwin1999

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I was also listing to music, and I saw a picture and I think i downloaded the firmware that made the other htc x8 shutdown too :( Im not sure tho because after the update the speech worked

Aldwin1999

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
So the cause of the shutting down was the update? So I wont update anything but the apps? I also updated the HTC App that shows the weather and such, did that cause it?

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
So the cause of the shutting down was the update? So I wont update anything but the apps? I also updated the HTC App that shows the weather and such, did that cause it?

I deleted my HTC apps. There was a thread a while back that indicated doing so saves battery life. I don't think it was the HTC apps though.

Aldwin1999

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Alright, Ill do that when I get a new one :) Thanks for the help! One last question so downloading the update is the one that messed it up? So not updating the new one (the OS, not apps) would not making this situation happen again?

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I am not sure what messed your phone up. There has been a few here reporting the GDR2 update bricked their phone. However, I think the great majority (including me) had no issues after the update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte