Dear God Help Me - I ran my HTC 8X battery down to dead! It won't come back on!!!!

Leslielbk

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I am frantic! I've read through most of the battery forums, and several have mentioned an upgrade being the culprit, but I haven't installed an upgrade. The battery life on the HTC 8x has been declining, but I thought it was because I discovered how awesome it is to play Pandora all the time. I just got a Bluetooth speaker too, but only used it one day. Admittedly, I am a heavy user, using text, phone, maps, email, web, music, camera all day long (my work). It's great that I can't get calls (again, my work, my livelihood...) My phone is blackout dead, no red charging bar, no vibration, no nothing. I've had it on charge now for 16 hours, still nothing. Anybody know what I should do?

Anglerdk

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I know this sounds very strange, but I have tried this too on some WP devices and one android tablet.

Put the USB cable into a computer which are turned on and connect your phone. Let the phone charge an hour or two. If this do not work, disconnect the phone. Connect it, wait for 30 secs - then hold the power button down for 40 secs or so (this should force the phone to reboot).

My best guess why this worked for me is the phone do not have enough power to start the charging cycle since it try to boot or shut down..

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

Anglerdk

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I know this sounds very strange, but I have tried this too on some WP devices and one android tablet.

Put the USB cable into a computer which are turned on and connect your phone. Let the phone charge an hour or so. If this do not work, disconnect the phone. Connect it, wait for 30 secs - then hold the power button down for 40 secs or so (this should force the phone to reboot).

My best guess why this worked for me is the phone do not have enough power to start the charging cycle since it try to boot or shut down..

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Try plugging it into the wall, and holding the power button + the volume button in the down position for about 10 seconds. I ran my 920 down to 0% once and experienced the same issue you're having. Doing a soft reset while plugged it finally got it to boot and charge again.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Chances are it's not the battery that is dead, but the phone itself. Sounds like something warranty should cover.

Leslielbk

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I tried those ideas out, then took it to AT&T where the service guy tried a variety of things, then he got on warranty support and they're sending me a new phone. Funny thing is, I had a broken glass issue a few months ago and they replaced the phone then as well. And said there would be no warranty with it. But the warranty support rep said I had 200+ days left on my warranty.......I don't care as long as I get a phone that works. I had to change my voicemail greeting to explain the situation and the only way clients can reach me is at the office I'm never in or email!!! We'll see how many emails I get...thanks, everyone. Turns out it's "the phone".

meakin967

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
omg thankyou the same happened to my phone and i thought that it had completely broken till now its working again!!!! THANKYOU!!!!!

Anna Pumnea

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I left it over night to charge and in the morning I pressed the power button it started and after that it went dead again and now if i plug it in it vibrates every 10 sec or so and there is no read light nothing that shows that it is i fact charging. I am so desperate can anyone help?

xzb6np

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I had the same thing happen. I had to take mine apart and unplug the battery for a minute and plug it back in. This resets the motherboard and it booted up fine then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea