10-11-2016 01:37 PM
74 123
tools
    Everyone needs to know that you can toggle your airplane mode in order to fix the problem. Don't bother restarting the phone. I, sadly, have an airplane mode live tile for such a situation. Oh, and you will have to copy the text into a new text simply by pressing and holding on the failed text. It saves a lot of time, even though it shouldn't be a problem in the first place.
    This "fix" does not work reliably for me. A reasonable amount of time, even power cycling doesn't help. Nor does the copy/paste into a new text. Nor...

All of these work sometimes. None of them work all the time.
    03-23-2014 01:15 AM
    This "fix" does not work reliably for me. A reasonable amount of time, even power cycling doesn't help. Nor does the copy/paste into a new text. Nor...

All of these work sometimes. None of them work all the time.
    That's interesting. I've gotten into a groove to where it fails, retry, retry. Sometimes it sends then. If not, toggle airplane mode and let it reacquire service. Then I head back to the text, copy and paste it into a new text and then it always sends.

I'm not quite sure what else you could do, sorry.
    03-23-2014 12:37 PM
    i send my message to my friend but it didnt send ??/ i have a load but
    it always "MESSAGE SENDING FAILED" ? plss help me
    03-28-2014 09:25 AM
    i send my message to my friend but it didnt send ??/ i have a load but
    it always "MESSAGE SENDING FAILED" ? plss help me
    Never seen that message before. After getting that message did a reboot help?
    03-29-2014 02:42 PM
    My problems eventually came back, regardless of updates. Also, I am not expecting a improvements to the issue with Windows Phone 8.1 since this seems to be a device specific issue, I don't hear about it affecting other phones much if at all.

So I actually got in touch with Verizon Wireless Network support, and it took some doing. The gentleman on the phone did some research and acknowledged that this is a known device issue that Verizon has been working on with HTC (apparently for some time with no resolution). They even have it assigned to a specific technician (wish I could get his name and email). Now I imagine with such little market influence, fixing Windows Phone issues are probably low on their priorities list, but this has been going on for a LONG time, and its frustrating that neither Verizon nor HTC has done anything about it.

So for anyone still having this fun, Verizon knows about it, HTC knows about it. As far as I can tell, they don't care.
    04-04-2014 05:56 PM
    HTC knew about the issue over a year ago. I will say it has been happening less and less for me lately, so, it isn't has much an issue (for me) as it use to be.
    04-05-2014 06:23 PM
    This issue has convinced to never buy another HTC product. For now my 8x is gathering dust.
    04-05-2014 09:17 PM
    I'm almost certain that if you disable your connection to wifi this problem will go away. I have had two of the exact same windows phone and
    I could not figure out why it was happening with one versus the other and as soon as I disabled the wifi I no longer have to deal with "Try Again". This would
    explain why some people only have problems when they are at home or work and not all the time(when they are WiFi connected) this may help the developers create
    a solution as well although I hope they put this together by now
    David Rosin likes this.
    04-20-2014 05:36 PM
    I have the same problem with a Nokia Lumia 720 using a Danish phone Company. So I believe Windows 8.1 is the problem. Will try some of the suggested solutions.
    05-03-2014 05:06 PM
    if you are a woman I'd hug ya, if you're a man I shake your hand
    05-29-2014 06:14 PM
    I have the same problem with a Nokia Lumia 720 using a Danish phone Company. So I believe Windows 8.1 is the problem. Will try some of the suggested solutions.
    This happened on my 8x on wp 8 as well. The only thing that worked for me was to make a phone call (any call will do). For some reason placing a call connected to the mobile network to allow me to send a message. It's annoying but it worked for me.
    07-02-2014 05:35 AM
    So I thought this was humerous and worthy of a share...
    I began a twitter conversation between HTC, VZW, and ATT to try to get a resolution on this subject (which is by all accounts way more than anyone should have to do to resolve a bug in a phone. Basically, I will leave to ATT if VZW and HTC cannot resolve the issue. I got a welcome tweet from ATT with some deals on new phones and a "lets work this out" tweet from VZW.. and get this... nothing from HTCUSA. Amazing right? Well after going back and forth with VZW, they ask me to go to a link (I cannot post a link since I am a newbie I guess...).

A link to a troubleshooting for a HTC One (M8) with Android. Makes me even more amazed at the level of idiocy or neglect that VZW shows... I also gave them a link to this thread so maybe if they actually read it they would understand the issue... I have little respect these days for support people in wireless carriers in the US these days. Perhaps it is a reflection that some people cannot even figure out how to do basic things on their phones, but I digress. I'll post if I can get anything (doubt it) from VZW on this.
    08-14-2014 11:10 AM
    What I'm describing here has happened now on two refurbish 8x's I've received from Verizon. Quite often I'll send a text and get "can't send message Try Again?" error message. Sometimes if I try again and it takes two attempts then goes trough on try #3. Sometimes I have to delete the thread and the message goes through. Other times I've had to turn the phone off and then back on to have message go through. I have replaced the SIM card and still happens. Verizon support even reset my phone account from the back end and that lasts about 10 hours. All the while I can take the same text message, switch to embedded Facebook chat and send the message that way. It may be an app (I have bought them all through the store) but I don't want to wipe out all of my apps then add them back one by one to find the culprit and then do that again). Have others had this issue and if so and you resolved it, how? PLEASE HELP ME OR ADVISE IF ANY PATCH AVAILABLE PLEASE
    09-20-2014 06:59 AM
    hi, having issue of sending SMS please help how could i solve the problem
    10-21-2014 03:19 AM
    This is worked for me. turn on airplane mode, and off with wifi, then I turn off airplane mode and when I connect to Verizon, I can send the message. then I turn wifi back on. this should reset the connection to the cell tower.
    I believe what happening is that it trying to send it through the wifi connection. I am not sure of this is the case
    but this solution has been working for me.
    10-21-2014 12:14 PM
    Yeah, and here it is November, still no update released from Verizon.
    I switched to AT&T and the issue is resolved. My 1520 is great.
    11-03-2014 08:52 AM
    Here i got the Solution of this all Problem,
    Simply go to settings/applications/phone/international assit/off
    thats all.
    now you can send the sms to anyone or any where you want.
    Enjoy
    01-01-2015 08:23 AM
    thats all.
    Enjoy
    01-01-2015 08:24 AM
    thats all.
    Enjoy
    Anyone confirm this solution? Trying it now....
    01-13-2015 12:47 PM
    Same problem happened with my hoc 8x Verizon refurbished. After some time it's started giving message failed try again fault. After resetting the phone several time but the problem persisted. Then I got to know that the problem is with time zone. I set the date and time manually and keep the time zone to -8:00 America. After that the problem didn't come. For confirmation I set the time to automatic and it's giving the same fault again. Then changed back the setting to Manual time and date its solved for me
    08-31-2015 10:13 AM
    What I'm describing here has happened now on two refurbish 8x's I've received from Verizon. Quite often I'll send a text and get "can't send message Try Again?" error message. Sometimes if I try again and it takes two attempts then goes trough on try #3. Sometimes I have to delete the thread and the message goes through. Other times I've had to turn the phone off and then back on to have message go through. I have replaced the SIM card and still happens. Verizon support even reset my phone account from the back end and that lasts about 10 hours. All the while I can take the same text message, switch to embedded Facebook chat and send the message that way. It may be an app (I have bought them all through the store) but I don't want to wipe out all of my apps then add them back one by one to find the culprit and then do that again). Have others had this issue and if so and you resolved it, how? I love the phone and form factor but this is a little crazy. Maybe I'll just go back to my HTC Trophy Thanks in advance.
    12-01-2015 09:06 PM
    Hello!i have an HTC 8x verizon!i could not send sms!i always have:"message can't send try again"now it's ok! I solved my issue on settings then slide to applications. In application i took "phone" then i put "international assist" off.
    After this stape i can send sms without issue!
    12-01-2015 09:18 PM
    Thanks. Do we know if there's a patch coming for this problem?
    go to settings application and Go to phone international assist off and enjoy text messages
    10-06-2016 10:09 AM
    same problem with my wife's phone..we both have 928s , hers does the TRY again but mine never does. Strange.
    10-11-2016 01:37 PM
74 123