Verizon 8x problems texting "can't send message Try Again"

joecatskill

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
What I'm describing here has happened now on two refurbish 8x's I've received from Verizon. Quite often I'll send a text and get "can't send message Try Again?" error message. Sometimes if I try again and it takes two attempts then goes trough on try #3. Sometimes I have to delete the thread and the message goes through. Other times I've had to turn the phone off and then back on to have message go through. I have replaced the SIM card and still happens. Verizon support even reset my phone account from the back end and that lasts about 10 hours. All the while I can take the same text message, switch to embedded Facebook chat and send the message that way. It may be an app (I have bought them all through the store) but I don't want to wipe out all of my apps then add them back one by one to find the culprit and then do that again). Have others had this issue and if so and you resolved it, how? I love the phone and form factor but this is a little crazy. Maybe I'll just go back to my HTC Trophy :wink: Thanks in advance.

deku13

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
You can try installing the developer gdr3 that came put today. That might help.

I used to have same problem on my old 822. Part of the reason I switched to the 8x

scottd34

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
What I'm describing here has happened now on two refurbish 8x's I've received from Verizon. Quite often I'll send a text and get "can't send message Try Again?" error message. Sometimes if I try again and it takes two attempts then goes trough on try #3. Sometimes I have to delete the thread and the message goes through. Other times I've had to turn the phone off and then back on to have message go through. I have replaced the SIM card and still happens. Verizon support even reset my phone account from the back end and that lasts about 10 hours. All the while I can take the same text message, switch to embedded Facebook chat and send the message that way. It may be an app (I have bought them all through the store) but I don't want to wipe out all of my apps then add them back one by one to find the culprit and then do that again). Have others had this issue and if so and you resolved it, how? I love the phone and form factor but this is a little crazy. Maybe I'll just go back to my HTC Trophy :wink: Thanks in advance.

Whenever that's happened to me a quick restart fixed it every time.

joecatskill

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I just updated to GDR3 and so far (one day of very mild use) it seems to have fix the text messaging issue. I also have seen better battery power management too. Time will tell. Thank you.

joecatskill

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I've tried to do that and it seems to be a very temporary fix. Just installed GDR3 and am hoping that it will do the trick. Thank you for help.

u240018

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Had this problem for months. Got the GDR3 update today. First text I sent and every one since, same problem. I get "Can't Send". I hit "Try Again" a few times, and on the third time it sends.

New Update. Same Problem. Nice.

Hotvak123

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I believe it's the Network having the problem than the phone, consider the TRY AGAIN as a busy signal.
here my reasoning I have had no problem with sending messages/pictures back and forth, but one time it didn't send and try again came up , but as soon as I touch it , it went though, another time I sent a message and it sent, put the phone down, a few seconds latter , it rang, with the message try again! , That's telling me that the network having issues and it could not finish sending my message. I touched the Try again and it went though. so as far as I am concern It's the same problem I get with my Vontage phone system when I try to send a Fax and I get a communication problem and have to send again. or the internet not loading a page right. I live 2.8 mile from a Verizon tower, and I get three bars on 3g on my flip phone.
my 8x I get three bars, and one or two bar for LTE when it comes in , even with that the phone work grate! , and I have no issues with my 8x., and has performed as expected.
Its Verizon that has the issues not the Phone.

joecatskill

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Well having installed GDR3 hasn't completely wiped out this problem. I was able to speak with an HTC tech and he was less than helpful. He said HTC is aware of the problem and will be addressing it soon. No explanation or temporary work around. Really felt like he was pretty indifferent to the fact that there is a problem with their product. I do tend to agree there is some Verizon network issues too. None-the-less it is pretty annoying to have a great phone that can do all kinds of wonderfully complex things but then cannot send a text message. :confused:

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
My wife is having the same issues on Verizon. Keep in mind that with this developer Update 3, no carrier updates are included. I imagine when the full Update 3 that gets pushed out carrier by carrier is released, there will be significantly less problems.

etlahrs

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have been having this issue for a couple weeks now at least. But to add to it, I only have the issue when sending to someone with an iPhone. I have not had any issues texting feature phones, Androids, or other WP, only iPhones. I thought it was my wife's iMessage because once she had to reset her iPhone and mine sent fine then. But now, that doesn't fix it and it has happened to 3 other people with iPhones. When I delete the text thread and start a new one, the message will send immediately. But no matter how many times I press, "Try Again", it just fails. I haven't been able to completely rule out it has something to do with iMessage, but since deleteing the thread on my phone seems to fix it, it has me thinking this is either an issue with the HTX 8X or WP8 in general.

Does anyone know if this is happening on other WP8 phones?

Sean Cohen

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
My wife has an iPhone and most of my problems stem from texting her, but I haven't tested with others. But when I can't send a message i can tap try again all day but it will never send until I restart and send a new message.

Hotvak123

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
It's the network not the phone, I sent a text to my son and keep getting can't send, so I sent the text to my brother for a test it went though, tried my son and got the same cant send, tried someone else, it went though, retried my son and this time it went though. This morning I sent him a text it went though put the phone down it went to sleep mode, then got a reply back and it seed can't send, (this is telling me that the network received my message but could not connect with the other phone or timed out, and sent me a reply back) so I resent it and it went though.
to sporadic to be the phone, INTERNET and wireless network have hiccups all the time, be it with your phone or computer. the networks can't be trusted to work flawlessly.

JP724

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Verizon support. After being transferred to Level 2 support, they said it is an issue they are aware of and are waiting for a new software update from the manufacturer to fix it. My sense was that the issue is specific to this device rather than the network. The person I spoke with couldn't give more details beyond that. She said the only fix they could recommend for now was resetting the phone, which may or may not resolve the issue. But she also said that if the issue is not resolved after resetting the phone, I would be entitled to a new replacement under the one-year manufacturer warranty (provided I call back before my one-year warranty expires in a couple of weeks). I'm guessing a replacement won't fix the issue either, but I'll still take one!

poots1101

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue (on Verizon), it was actually an issue with my past ***** self blocking MMS service. Back when I first started using smartphones (like....treo 650 days), I didn't have a data plan, so I set it up through Verizon to block MMS so I wouldn't get charged. I completely forgot I did this many years ago. Once I unblocked it, MMS started to work.

If it's with SMS as well, then idk. good luck with VZW support.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos