Verizon 8x problems texting "can't send message Try Again"

Batkanman

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Think I found solution - it's very easy and worked very well for me.
So...Go to: Phone, then tap on three little dots in the right bottom corner,
then tap "settings", scroll a little bit down, and *TURN OFF INTERNATIONAL ASSIST* .
That's all! Enjoy!

etlahrs

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Think I found solution - it's very easy and worked very well for me.
So...Go to: Phone, then tap on three little dots in the right bottom corner,
then tap "settings", scroll a little bit down, and *TURN OFF INTERNATIONAL ASSIST* .
That's all! Enjoy!

I have tried this previously and it still happens on a daily basis, usually multiple times a day.

pedrag

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
i'm on my second HTC 8x and still have the same issue (try again). i tried the *TURN OFF INTERNATIONAL ASSIST* and still receive the same error message. in my case, message is successfully sent always on the 3rd re-try, so it works but annoying.

etlahrs

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
i'm on my second HTC 8x and still have the same issue (try again). i tried the *TURN OFF INTERNATIONAL ASSIST* and still receive the same error message. in my case, message is successfully sent always on the 3rd re-try, so it works but annoying.

In the last few days, I have been having success on the 3rd try, sometimes the 4th, but that is new. Usually I can't send until turning airplane mode on and off and restarting the thread. But I am going to look into upgrading to the Icon this weekend

pedrag

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I don't require any other action except hitting send 3x. I had 4 days left on my warranty and received my 2nd HTC 8x. I really wanted to upgrade to the Nokia ICON.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
The 8x is the most beautiful phone i have ever owned, but...

This is a known (and extremely annoying) issue with the 8x. The other issue is the SIM card error. I wish I would have known about this before hand. The only fixes are a soft reset, phone restart, or to keep trying again and again (usually at least 3-4 times) before it corrects itself.

The SIM card issue is the more serious issue because it is not reliable in times of emergency. This is the only reason why I am looking for a new phone. Because if I can't use my phone as a phone first, it has to go! LOL! Wish HTC could have fixed this. :(

rdlm

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree the SMS problem is HORRIBLE. I keep hoping a fix will be made available, but no luck so far. Sometimes it works great, sometimes I have to press Send 3 or 4 times, sometimes I have to turn airplane mode on/off or reboot, sometimes deleting the offending message and trying again works, and sometimes it just won't work for hours on end.

As for peacefulberry's SIM card issue, I take it adding a little scotch tape to the top of the SIM doesn't help (http://forums.windowscentral.com/htc-8x/206093-invalid-sim-error-8x.html)? I started getting Invalid SIM errors, and this was an easy (though silly) fix that 100% cured my SIM card issues.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
As for peacefulberry's SIM card issue, I take it adding a little scotch tape to the top of the SIM doesn't help (http://forums.windowscentral.com/htc-8x/206093-invalid-sim-error-8x.html)? I started getting Invalid SIM errors, and this was an easy (though silly) fix that 100% cured my SIM card issues.

Yeah I have read about that fix, however at this point I'm just going to get another phone. If the SIM card is fixed I'll still get the messaging error or the double notifications (recent issue), not to mention the stuttering sound issue that's been there since day 1. I just wish HTC would have fixed this.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Everyone needs to know that you can toggle your airplane mode in order to fix the problem. Don't bother restarting the phone. I, sadly, have an airplane mode live tile for such a situation. Oh, and you will have to copy the text into a new text simply by pressing and holding on the failed text. It saves a lot of time, even though it shouldn't be a problem in the first place.

rdlm

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Everyone needs to know that you can toggle your airplane mode in order to fix the problem. Don't bother restarting the phone. I, sadly, have an airplane mode live tile for such a situation. Oh, and you will have to copy the text into a new text simply by pressing and holding on the failed text. It saves a lot of time, even though it shouldn't be a problem in the first place.

This "fix" does not work reliably for me. A reasonable amount of time, even power cycling doesn't help. Nor does the copy/paste into a new text. Nor...

All of these work sometimes. None of them work all the time.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
This "fix" does not work reliably for me. A reasonable amount of time, even power cycling doesn't help. Nor does the copy/paste into a new text. Nor...

All of these work sometimes. None of them work all the time.

That's interesting. I've gotten into a groove to where it fails, retry, retry. Sometimes it sends then. If not, toggle airplane mode and let it reacquire service. Then I head back to the text, copy and paste it into a new text and then it always sends.

I'm not quite sure what else you could do, sorry.

gregz83

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
My problems eventually came back, regardless of updates. Also, I am not expecting a improvements to the issue with Windows Phone 8.1 since this seems to be a device specific issue, I don't hear about it affecting other phones much if at all.

So I actually got in touch with Verizon Wireless Network support, and it took some doing. The gentleman on the phone did some research and acknowledged that this is a known device issue that Verizon has been working on with HTC (apparently for some time with no resolution). They even have it assigned to a specific technician (wish I could get his name and email). Now I imagine with such little market influence, fixing Windows Phone issues are probably low on their priorities list, but this has been going on for a LONG time, and its frustrating that neither Verizon nor HTC has done anything about it.

So for anyone still having this fun, Verizon knows about it, HTC knows about it. As far as I can tell, they don't care.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
HTC knew about the issue over a year ago. I will say it has been happening less and less for me lately, so, it isn't has much an issue (for me) as it use to be.

scholt34

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm almost certain that if you disable your connection to wifi this problem will go away. I have had two of the exact same windows phone and
I could not figure out why it was happening with one versus the other and as soon as I disabled the wifi I no longer have to deal with "Try Again". This would
explain why some people only have problems when they are at home or work and not all the time(when they are WiFi connected) this may help the developers create
a solution as well although I hope they put this together by now

Ole Wolf

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem with a Nokia Lumia 720 using a Danish phone Company. So I believe Windows 8.1 is the problem. Will try some of the suggested solutions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon