The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
08-11-2016 12:17 AM
28 12
tools
    hello guys

i have 8x and right now my phone is going on continues boot loop it goes until i see htc logo but ican't see quietly brilliant thing under it
    and then it just reboot i can't turn it off unless its out of power so i searched for a fix and everyone is talking about hard reset yet i can't hard reset it i don't know it just reboot
    i wait for a moment where the screen is completely black i hold vol down button and then press the power and wait for the screen to turn on yet nothing happen it just reboot for then
    any help guys would be appreciate
    10-12-2013 01:41 PM
    Hi try this. All your data will be wiped but it should work.
    1. Turn the power off.
    2. Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button. Release the VOLUME DOWN button when you see an icon on the screen.
    3. Then press the following hardware buttons in this sequence: VOLUME UP > VOLUME DOWN > POWER > VOLUME DOWN
    10-12-2013 01:54 PM
    dude i did this it aint working and by the way that icon what looks like???
    10-12-2013 04:47 PM
    My phone is in the same boat right now. The hard reset does not work! They said I have to send it in to get a new one *sigh* this will be my second time I have had to get a replacement. Smh.
    10-12-2013 08:03 PM
    My phone is in the same boat right now. The hard reset does not work! They said I have to send it in to get a new one *sigh* this will be my second time I have had to get a replacement. Smh.
    sorry to hear that bro somehow mine was fixed by pressing vol down with power you know when you try to hard reset and next i see the screen was on and so i had the phone on hard reset and
    now it works perfectly
    10-15-2013 01:34 PM
    My phone is having this issue. While plugged into a charger, it endlessly reboots every 10 seconds, never getting past the htc load screen. While not connected to the charger, it won't turn on at all. Trying the hard reset did nothing.
    10-19-2013 06:53 PM
    Has anyone found a fix for this yet? My 8X is doing exactly the same thing as daverath's.
    10-25-2013 01:56 PM
    Mine is doing the exact same thing as daveraths... Every 10 seconds it reboots, i do not get a red light, i get this white flash in the screen, and then it's turned of again and so the cycle starts again...
    I have tried everything I can think of, other chargers, other energy source, hard reset... but nothing seems to work and I am kind of desperate....

And I've had mine for one single week.... yet I do not have warranty so i am screwed..
    10-29-2013 06:06 PM
    Mine has definitely drained its full battery and still no luck no matter what I do. I talked with HTC rep for a while about different options. They were actually very helpful to talk to, even though my phone was no longer under warranty and they were upfront in saying it would be pretty expensive for me to send it in. Unfortunately nothing they suggested resurrected my phone. Now I'm on my old old droid for 2 weeks (had the trophy before, but traded it in for free headphones) and miss my wp a lot. I'm only using that phone for texting and light email, so it's hardly even worth the data plan now.

Now my conundrum is do I try to find a cheap replacement 8x (I see there's a $199 new one today), look for an even cheaper used 822, or do I just hold on to that money and hopefully put it towards an off contract 929. I'm just holding out for now on the 929 announcement, because I figure if nothing else it will drive prices down of the other phones. Unfortunately, I don't have high hopes that the 929 is coming this month. I'm more inclined to believe it got delayed to January.
    11-01-2013 03:04 PM
    Hello.
    Another HTC victim (or microsoft ) ...
    This was AT&T unlcoked handset.

The phone suddenly started rebooting in loop. I am not sure if any updates were installed before this happened.
    I tried factory reset but the phone get stuck up at AT&T icon.
    When I tried POWER+CAMERA+VOLDN reset,it showed kernel missing.

Please let me know if there is any other solution.This phone is out of warranty so I am screwed.
    Is there any way to reflash the ROM ?
    Daverath pls help.

We ve had a horrible time with HTC and would not recommend this phone to anyone.

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails image-1-.jpeg   image.jpeg  
    arif hossain2 likes this.
    08-15-2014 11:04 AM
    My phone is doing this as well. It was working fine then all of a sudden I notice it's rebooting infinitely, getting to the htc logo w/ white background, turning off, then doing it again. I've tried combinations of volume down + power + camera + whatever, nothing seems to stop it. Right now I'm waiting for the battery to drain.
    08-22-2014 03:03 AM
    Anyone have a solution to this problem? I'm in the same boat. HTC is no help, Windows is no help and ATT is no help. I have no idea what to do.
    08-31-2014 10:34 PM
    My phone is doing this as well. It was working fine then all of a sudden I notice it's rebooting infinitely, getting to the htc logo w/ white background, turning off, then doing it again. I've tried combinations of volume down + power + camera + whatever, nothing seems to stop it. Right now I'm waiting for the battery to drain.
    Just to give an update on my situation, eventually my phone broke out of the loop itself and shut down normally. By the morning it was working fine...
    09-03-2014 09:41 PM
    Just to give an update on my situation, eventually my phone broke out of the loop itself and shut down normally. By the morning it was working fine...
    how many days did it take?
    09-04-2014 06:52 PM
    use a different charger, worked to fix my boot loop.
    09-06-2014 06:28 PM
    how many days did it take?
    I was having problems at night and by the next morning it was working fine.
    09-07-2014 06:00 AM
    Hi there,
    I had the same problem just 2 days ago - bootloop, no HR, no "!" screen.
    The fix was to take the thing apart and disconnect the battery.
    Everything was back to normal following reassembly.
    Here is a pic of what the battery stat understood of the whole thing :-)

270907_wp_ss_20140322_0003.jpg
    10-09-2014 08:30 AM
    Hi guys,

I have the EXACT same problem described above. This is the third time its happened to me and the last two times it was covered under warranty. This time im just a month out of warranty and dont have warranty from the previous repair. So I have to solve this on my own...

Here's what happens

Phone is completely dead unless plugged in (so Im assuming the battery died and cant charge for some reason)

When its plugged in (and I tried a variety of chargers and cables): it vibrates and the boot screen comes up (without the quietly brilliant underneath the HTC logo) then it shuts off and loops constantly. I tried doing a hard reset but nothing comes up, it just reboots a black screen. Same thing with the power+vol down+camera combination. I am not sure what to do, I can't keep it plugged in because the buzzing just drives me insane.

​What can I do?

EDIT/UPDATE: I FIXED IT!!!!

Here's what you need to do. The phone has basically hung, you need to unplug the battery from the board. Open up the device (plenty of videos on Youtube showing you how), and look for two screws holding the flex cable attached to the board near the bottom. Remove these screws and unplug the battery. Leave it unplugged for 10-20 minutes then plug it back in, and re-assemble (make sure you plug in the flex cables and put the power battery back in, I forgot the first time and had to re-open it). It should work FINE.
    Last edited by Sheikboy; 10-16-2014 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Fixed issue
    10-14-2014 07:15 PM
    My phone is having this problem now, have you gotten yours fixed? seeing as this was 1 yr ago or did you get a new phone? If it wouldn't be much of a hassle can you help me out
    12-13-2014 11:33 AM
    ive found through a friend that the bootloader gets corrupted and that IC has to be replaced
    12-14-2014 07:10 AM
    I have the same problem and it really frustrates me! Can someone help?my phone reboots like 10 times a day, on a bad day....
    04-21-2015 09:28 AM
    Hello, I have more or less the same problem, when I put in charge flashes for a few seconds then vibrates and switches off. I tried various combinations of keys but nothing. It is limited to flash, and only sometimes the yellow light changes in intensity. If I plug my HTC8s the PC is detected as a disk from 2 ghz. I tried it with the latest version of Windows Phone Recovery Tool 2.1.1 but nothing happens. What can I do? help me please I'm desperate and at the time I can not buy a new phone.
    06-26-2015 04:49 PM
    I know this topic is old but I thought I'd give my fix since this has happened to me a bunch of times since I've had my 8X.

Got caught in the endless reboot where it only shows the white HTC screen and then starts over. This has worked for me a few times:
    Continuously click the power button while the phone keeps rebooting itself. Eventually it will go to a black screen (When the black screen shows up I keep clicking the power button just to be safe) and then it will boot up normally.

Hope this helps someone else!
    06-30-2015 01:33 AM
    It is a hardware problem.
    Lock buttons gets full of dirt, and it stays pressed.
    The only solution is to press repeatedly... or to pull it out a little with something.
    I sent mine to Service.

You may experience another sinthome... when you press Vol Up you get a screenshot. Thats cause lock button is pressed.

Hope helps someone.
    07-06-2015 09:46 AM
    hi there ok i found a solution you need to take the cover off and the plug in the charger because a button is stuck

there is only 2 screws you need to unscrew and boob it works
    10-28-2015 04:19 AM
28 12