Will 8x be getting the new apps from nokia world 2013?

costas60

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Now that Microsoft has bought Nokia
and as Microsoft is the operating system vendor
I think it should be fair
For ALL Nokia aps to be available
for everyone

Etios

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I recently saw a post about nokia world and i was wondering if htc 8x will be getting the apps also since i am deciding on buying either the 8x or 810 with tmobile.
Top apps from Nokia World 2013 - Nokia Conversations : the official Nokia blog
please help me decide. really looking forward to vine and all of those apps mentioned.

No, HTC 8X will not get Nokia-specific apps, need Nokia apps buy Nokia phone.

for everyone

Incorrect, MS-Nokia deal still has to be approved by shareholders then regulators in many countries, after the whole process is completed it will take some more time for MS-Nokia integration, so buy phones for what they offer now instead of thinking about future.

Ryan Cox1

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
No, HTC 8X will not get Nokia-specific apps, need Nokia apps buy Nokia phone.

Incorrect, MS-Nokia deal still has to be approved by shareholders then regulators in many countries, after the whole process is completed it will take some more time for MS-Nokia integration, so buy phones for what they offer now instead of thinking about future.
Ugh the 810 is so ugly but the 8x is so beauitfullll.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
for everyone
I ddisagree. They were Nokia exclusive apps and despite Nokia being owned by Microsoft why should HTC or Samsung get those apps when they don't properly support the os in the first place. I view it as why give a company things for free that the other guy worked for and did the work to put the OS on the map.

Samsung nor HTC deserve these apps even though I do feel sorry for these customers who own their devices . I owned an 8x and I now see Nokia was the choice I should have made all along.

iAdrian23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
The apps will not come to other phones as Nokia is a company. The apps are not under Lumia trademark nor under Nokia's phones. I believe it will be just like BBM.

Raghav94

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
47754d1382628360-1380299_622215737830674_2105738753_n.jpg

EDIT: Get 8X. It's beautifully, I just got it and I'm loving it.

Last edited:

Etios

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Ugh the 810 is so ugly but the 8x is so beauitfullll.

Why not get the upcoming Lumia phones, 1520 and 929 are much better options and heard that verizon phones comes GSM unlocked, but i must tell you guys have a messed up mobile operator/carrier market in the USA with companies acting like dictators when they should remain just dumb pipes for voice and data with each phone working for every carrier just like rest of the world.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss