Turn an 8X into a webcam

Michael Weisberg

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a 8X running gdr2 that isn't being used right now. So I was thinking of using it as a webcam/ip cam for home monitoring. If I left it connected to a computer so it was always charged, is there an app that would allow me to do this? Is skype the best approach or is there something better?

Hotvak123

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
you can buy a webcam for under $20, and plenty of programs for the computer to use, but I would not use the 8x as a webcam to much strain on the phone, and battery, and don't you want to take the phone with you when you leave the house?

Michael Weisberg

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
you can buy a webcam for under $20, and plenty of programs for the computer to use, but I would not use the 8x as a webcam to much strain on the phone, and battery, and don't you want to take the phone with you when you leave the house?

Like I said it is an unused device so not being used as a phone. Plus if it is always plugged in then no strain on the battery. So, again is this possible?

Hotvak123

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
There is a motion cam app for the phone, and records movement or sound, but doesn't need a computer to work.
that's all I can find...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3