Verizon HTC 8X GDR 3?? WHEN??

garyjk

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
yes, I am. drained over 10% overnight, in the last 8 hours. I had no issues with the developer preview, so it's something Verizon has done.

garyjk

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
yes, because after gdr2 and then the developer preview of gdr3, I was getting 4 to 5 days between charges. for example, after charging before this update, I would lose about 2% in 8 hour overnights. so, when I woke up, I would have 98%. today I have 83%. a huge difference. I have the charts to verify it, too.

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
>"Is anyone else experiencing huge battery drain ... post-GDR3? "

Yes...am getting this as well. Have done some soft resets and trying to track down the leak. Not sure what is going on but there is a definite problem I went from 30% to 25% to 17% in the space of a few(10 min). Overnight went down from maybe 85% to 60%....but daytime use is also spiking a drain today. Just started using Voxer...not sure if that's a trigger or not. I'm going thru my background processes to kill some that I don't use much...imagine that will help. ftr, Voxer wasn't backgrounding

garyjk

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I doubt it's anything like that. I have no apps installed and mine started draining the battery as soon as the "official" gdr3 was installed. haven't had a drainage issue since gdr2 was installed ans even after the developer preview of gdr3 was installed.

this is something Verizon did after they got their hands on the Microsoft code.

rjcousino1177

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I experience huge drain too, I shut off a few background tasks and it made bit worse. I've only had the phone for just over a month, even my droid bionics battery life was steady after every update it got.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion