GDR3 on 8X, great improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I must say that GDR3 does add quite a few improvements to my 8X used by my daughter. Charging in off mode, I can close apps in the multitasking view... Nice! But, light years away from Sense5 and 4.2.2 on my HTC One. We need a file explorer and capacity to save any file and to resend any file, to move the files etc. GDR3 is not what we need, just parts of it.

rahilsayed

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
It is true at some extent,we really need a file explorer to view and edit files.
Believing in Windows and living on hopes of future updates and improvements.:cool:

dol4er

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
All these "improvements" would compromise the security of the operating system, therefore, I prefer not having them to buying antivirus software and worrying about the safety of my information on my phone. If you want these features, then just buy Android :)

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
All these "improvements" would compromise the security of the operating system, therefore, I prefer not having them to buying antivirus software and worrying about the safety of my information on my phone. If you want these features, then just buy Android :)

Exactly. The lack of "file manager" is a design feature.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I must say that GDR3 does add quite a few improvements to my 8X used by my daughter. Charging in off mode, I can close apps in the multitasking view... Nice! But, light years away from Sense5 and 4.2.2 on my HTC One. We need a file explorer and capacity to save any file and to resend any file, to move the files etc. GDR3 is not what we need, just parts of it.

How's battery life? Stability? Is it smooth? What about snappiness? Does the phone open apps quicker?

wtrmlnjuc

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone is more phone than PC, in the way that it's designed. I like it better that way. I'd rather have the option of an app for a file browser, but as a regular user I don't see the need for one.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

^this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3