Bluetooth issues HTC 8x

Mac Johnston

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I have an HTC 8x running on OS version 8.0.10327.77 and the Bluetooth is now horrible. It connects fine but it cuts in and out really fast. It just started happening in the last month. Can anyone help?

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I think I read that Microsoft declared this as a bug and will release an update to fix it. I can't remember where I read it.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have an HTC 8x running on OS version 8.0.10327.77 and the Bluetooth is now horrible. It connects fine but it cuts in and out really fast. It just started happening in the last month. Can anyone help?
I had the same problems after GDR2 on my AT&T 8X. Totally ruined my BT connection in my car, constantly cutting out, causing my phone to reboot, etc. With GDR3 those issues have gone away and I'm back to having a stable BT connection in my car. BTW, my current OS version is 8.0.10501.127.

Now, if they could only get me back having text messages read aloud and responded to over BT like we had in WP7.5, I'd really be happy.

Martin Hockey

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Had this issue on my 8x. Since I now have the update to v 8.0.10501.127 the problem has gone away!

Phone seems to be responding quicker than it was on the previous firmware.

Happy Days!

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm having this issue now after GDR3. I can have the phone in my hand and it still cuts out if I move my head. I put it on the table in front of me and took one step away, and it cuts out. I don't even want to listen to the music on my phone anymore with this issue. So annoying. I am considering a factory reset but will deal with it until I hear something from Micorsoft. I also wrote HTC on their website and they will probably get back to me tomorrow. I also asked them about Bluetooth 4.0 earlier today but they said they don't release information on any future updates. I believe the hardware supports it.

Anyway, if anyone else is still having this issue, can you please contact HTC as well over at HTC.com and send them an email? Thanks!

I've also notified Verizon since that is my carrier.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Anyone? Im still having Bluetooth range issues and it seems that the update is the cause. I'm going to backup and then reset and see how it goes but I am hoping someone else can corroborate my story here before I do this again for no reason.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Jabeen Ali,

I overlooked completely deleting the devices (I was only turning them off and on) and have since done so. It appears to have alleviated the problems somewhat.

I'm not sure what happened to corrupt the pairings but deleting each Bluetooth device and re-adding them made it better.

Thank you so much.

I did not have to do a factory reset but will still consider it as my range is still really short. Im getting about 8 feet away before it breaks up completely.

oktoberrust11

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The workaround is to disable wifi while connected to bluetooth.

Keep on forgetting to come back and say thanks for this tip; I've had on and off bluetooth issues with my 8X and my 2012 Ford Focus, where the audio would cut in and out severely about 30 seconds in to a conversation. I tried this tip, and I have no issues with BT now. A bit of a pain to turn it off every time I get in the car, but it's very much worth it for proper BT performance. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05