Verizon HTC 8X on TMobile - As of 11/18/2013

enjoyfebruary

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Having read through countless forum posts about the Verizon HTC 8X being used on GSM carriers, I wanted to write a post about what I have experienced over the last few days of using the phone. I am currently using the phone on TMobile in San Diego with the 1900mhz spectrum. The phone came with the original firmware and OS but I have updated to the DP version of GDDR3.

FeatureWorks?Details
DataYES Very sensitive to location. Drops to EDGE frequently. 75/25% 4G vs EDGE
SMSYES
MMSNO Setting in "Cellular" to add MMS APN removed post original firmware
Voice CallingYES
Visual VoicemailYES Requires GDDR3
HTC Connection AppNO Useless. App gives a "No SIM" Error
WIFIYES

I felt these features are probably what people want to know about. Unfortunately the MMS issue doesn't have a solution at this point. The ability to add the APN in settings is gone and the HTC Connection app is completely useless. It is important to note that the original firmware does come with a setting to add an MMS APN however I could not get it to save the setting. Also the Visual Voicemail feature did not work until GDDR3. Overall I still really like the handset and it is definitely an improvement hardware wise vs the Lumia 810 which I was using before. I hope this helps anyone who is considering getting this device.

Dan

Attachments

• wp_ss_20131118_0001.png
    wp_ss_20131118_0001.png
    114.9 KB · Views: 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos