Hi,

I bought HTC 8X couple of days back. I am new to WP.
    I played with the device for a while, saw Voice dictation in Messaging and tried it out (it didn't work, the mic icon changed red on clicking but no input screen came).
    So I went to settings, downloaded few voice packs, changed few settings, and also checked for Phone updates. There were a lot and I accepted all (4-5)
    And now i do not see the Mic button for Voice in my Messaging!!

The Voice commands from start menu work like a charm, i can call etc.

Help please!
    OS version: 8.0.1051.127

Cheers
    Viruj
    11-26-2013 04:02 PM
    Hmmm...never have had a red 'mic' icon show. Do you have the 'Speech Recognition Service' enabled?
    Settings | Speech | 'enable speech recognition service' (place check in checkbox)

Here's the MS wp8 'How-to' page on using Speech on the phone
    text of interest....
    ----------------------------------
    Note
    Some voice commands, such as texting a contact or searching the web, will not work unless the speech recognition service is enabled. To turn it on, go to Settings > Speech, and then select the Enable Speech Recognition Service check box.
    --------------------------------------------------

So....'Some voice commands...' explains why the windows key might work but the text access isn't (note the 'How-to' also mentions voice searching access also requires enabling the Speech Recognition Service(SRS)

If you already have the SRS enabled then maybe an uncheck-re-check of the SRS might kick it into action...or a soft reset???? Juz sayin'....sometimes things get changed by accident when fiddling w/the settings...worth a look tho.
    11-26-2013 07:39 PM
    change language to English UK in speech settings, English India doesn't support voice dictation

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk
    11-28-2013 03:31 PM