Voice Dictation missing after update

virujd

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I bought HTC 8X couple of days back. I am new to WP.
I played with the device for a while, saw Voice dictation in Messaging and tried it out (it didn't work, the mic icon changed red on clicking but no input screen came).
So I went to settings, downloaded few voice packs, changed few settings, and also checked for Phone updates. There were a lot and I accepted all (4-5)
And now i do not see the Mic button for Voice in my Messaging!!

The Voice commands from start menu work like a charm, i can call etc.

Help please!
OS version: 8.0.1051.127

Cheers
Viruj

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm...never have had a red 'mic' icon show. Do you have the 'Speech Recognition Service' enabled?
Settings | Speech | 'enable speech recognition service' (place check in checkbox)

Here's the MS wp8 'How-to' page on using Speech on the phone
text of interest....
----------------------------------
Note
Some voice commands, such as texting a contact or searching the web, will not work unless the speech recognition service is enabled. To turn it on, go to Settings > Speech, and then select the Enable Speech Recognition Service check box.
--------------------------------------------------

So....'Some voice commands...' explains why the windows key might work but the text access isn't (note the 'How-to' also mentions voice searching access also requires enabling the Speech Recognition Service(SRS)

If you already have the SRS enabled then maybe an uncheck-re-check of the SRS might kick it into action...or a soft reset???? Juz sayin'....sometimes things get changed by accident when fiddling w/the settings...worth a look tho.

akulgupta100

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
change language to English UK in speech settings, English India doesn't support voice dictation

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss