HTC 8x died during Sync?

Sheikboy

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

My 8x suddenly turned off as it was Syncing to my Mac and now will not turn back on. Has it been bricked for some unknown reason? The battery was charged. Can I recover it in anyway?

Regards,

Sheik

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I haven't heard of it bricking in that way, but do you get any response when holding the power button down? Vibration?

If not, your 2nd best bet would be to let it completely drain itself, then charge and see if it boots.

Sheikboy

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I called HTC, they walked me through everything (Battery Reset, Hard Reset etc). Still bricked, it's a motherboard issue. At least it's covered by warranty.

Also, for those of you who didn't know: Battery Reset is both volume keys and the power button (from off) for 90 seconds

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I called HTC, they walked me through everything (Battery Reset, Hard Reset etc). Still bricked, it's a motherboard issue. At least it's covered by warranty.

Also, for those of you who didn't know: Battery Reset is both volume keys and the power button (from off) for 90 seconds

Seriously, i didn't know that. Thx! One question tho, how did you know it did a battery reset? I tried and it just cut on and off.

Sheikboy

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I don't, but that's what the representative from HTC told me. I don't know if this an HTC exclusive thing, but if you're having a battery issue, power off and try that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786