Experience with GDR3 on HTC8X

clindhartsen

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I've seen various comments in other threads, but I'm curious how everyone's experiences are with GDR3 on your HTC8X.

Personally, the update went smoothly, but afterwards I've had moments where my phone locks up and I have to resort to shutting it down and restarting it just to make it functional again. I'm not sure if it's purely GDR3, or if an app is causing a conflict.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I've seen various comments in other threads, but I'm curious how everyone's experiences are with GDR3 on your HTC8X.

Personally, the update went smoothly, but afterwards I've had moments where my phone locks up and I have to resort to shutting it down and restarting it just to make it functional again. I'm not sure if it's purely GDR3, or if an app is causing a conflict.

After the GDR3 update I had terrible performance on my 8X. A while later there was a second update which fixed it, and then it ran smoothly.

Rolf92

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering why I had so little storage left so I looked it up and saw that my system partition is 4,70 GB!!! It used to be about 2 GB, how is this possible?

Daebak Tebayo

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I had the same size 5gbish, but it was then when wp8 didn't read the apps in separate category. Had to hard reset to get it working. Now its 2.47gb. Latest update gave me data sense.. Anyway, anyone have problem deleting temporarily files?

Ktysai

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
In my case the system partition has nearly 4GB. Probably a hard reset will be the solution.

GDR3 on my unbranded HTC is OK, just that I thought it is more into it. No freeze or something similar.

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
My GDR3 update went well with no problems or freezes. I did have a brief period of battery drain immediately after the update for a day but a a soft reset took care of that and all is good since then.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077