Just got this phone off ebay

I thought it would be a lot worse than it is going off the reviews it got. I am largely impressed coming from a htc sensation with android.

My only real gripe is the keyboard is rubbish!
    Am i the only one that thinks this?

Is there a better alernative?

I'm new to the WP OS so i've not changed anything with the keyboard.
    12-13-2013 03:21 AM
    You can't change the keyboard for Windows Phone 8, which is generally accepted as one of the better keyboards for smartphones.

You might want to say what problems you're facing with it as opposed to just a general complaint.

I'm assuming you're wanting Swype, which isn't available, and neither is any other keyboard replacement/modification apps.
    12-13-2013 03:46 AM
    You don't like the keyboard??!! I think you have a problem. Cuz Its the best thing in this OS hahahahaha and btw, you have Nokia in the market and you went for HTC? I don't trust your judgment of things. 😝
    12-13-2013 03:50 AM
    You don't like the keyboard??!! I think you have a problem. Cuz Its the best thing in this OS hahahahaha and btw, you have Nokia in the market and you went for HTC? I don't trust your judgment of things.
    A second hand nokia 925 was 230 and second hand htc 8x was 100. I think thats good judgement.

I probably just need to get used it. I'm used to my custom edited android keyboard that has heptic feedback.
    I keep pressing the space bar instead of the bottom keys and missing keys. its very frustraing with typing a message
    12-13-2013 04:22 AM
    Nothing wrong with the 8X. And yes, you probably need to adjust to the way the keyboard works, after a while, you'll get used to it and using the suggestion bar. I typically type the first couple of letters of a word and then pick from the suggestion bar - after doing that, the next word is guessed so you might not need to type anything at all.

Windows Phone works in quite a few different ways to Android and will take some shifts in your expectations. At the end of the day, concentrate on what you want to do with the phone more than the details of the methods used....
    12-13-2013 04:30 AM